5.00 (2 reviews)
Florida Prep Photo #2 - Set in 14 acres of lush gardens, Florida Prep is located close to a local mall, a golf course and movie theater.
Florida Prep Photo #3 - The school offers a number of sports and electives, including Soccer, Track & Field, Basketball, Baseball and Surfing.
Florida Prep Photo #5 - Students experience US traditions and holidays, including Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas.
Florida Prep Photo #6 - Music students perform at students gatherings twice a year during popular talent shows. Tuition is offered in guitar, piano, violin and drums.
Florida Prep Photo #7 - Popular events include 'Spirit Week', during which students dress to a theme and have lots of fun selecting their costumes.
Florida Prep Photo #8 - Students may elect to take Flight Training from 9th Grade. Many of our Seniors graduate with a Private Pilot License.
Florida Prep Photo #9 - The Florida Prep Air Force JROTC Unit (FL-32) ranks in the top 100 units throughout the USA.Off campus events include camping, color guard for the Orlando Magic Basketball team and visits to the local Air Force base.
- Florida Prep offers boarding and day enrollment for young men and women in grades 5-12. We have a strong academic program, exciting electives, and progams to help those who need extra academic support, including supervised study halls, tutoring and ESOL. Through our 21st Century Skills & Values program we challenge our students to grow and to succeed.
- Our beautiful campus is located on the central east coast of Florida, 10 minutes from the beach and local shopping.
- Florida Prep is easily accessible by car via I-95 and by airplane through Melbourne International airport (MLB) and Orlando International airport (MCO) located 45 miles away.
- Florida Prep offers advanced placement and honors courses in addition to a number of popular clubs and activities.
- We provide small classes with a low teacher-student ratio, combined with individual attention and structured days. Skills learned at Florida Prep will set your child up to succeed not only in school, but also in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Day Program Cost: $500 Boarding Program Cost: $3,000 ESOL students receive a refund on summer fees if they enroll at Florida Prep for the 2019/20 academic year.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science A (Aventa Course), English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Spanish Language, Studio Art, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1325|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Polo Shirts, Khaki or Navy shorts/pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Safiyah Dinally|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Flight Training, JROTC, Kitty Hawk Air Society, National Honor Society|
Club or Organization:
Drill Team, Rocket Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Florida Prep is an academically excellent College Prep Boarding School for American and International boys and girls, ages 10-18.
- Academics: Florida Prep assures 100% college acceptance with 1/3 of our yearly graduates attending top 100 universities and colleges.
- ESL: While other schools are only now creating new ESOL programs, Florida Prep has decades of ESL experience for the international student looking to study in the United States. Our total immersion ESOL program has, for 57 years, assisted students from 63 different countries with ongoing preparation and successful placement in top U.S. Universities.
- Technology: As a technology friendly school, students have every day access to Wide Band WiFi to help them communicate easily with home and stream online content. Every student at Florida Prep must have an electronic device for our One to One Digital Teaching Program.
- Travel: Students will find peace of mind as our on-campus travel coordinator provides assistance with travel arrangements while the F-1 Visa consultant helps with student immigration paperwork. Our Campus is located just 5 minutes from Melbourne International Airport and 1 hour from Orlando International Airport.
- Athletics: Florida Prep is proud to encourage our students to participate in one or more of our many sports offerings: Basketball (boys & girls), Baseball, Swimming, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Volley Ball, Surfing, and Weightlifting.
- Florida Prep has a decades old reputation for flight training. Students may begin flight in 9th grade and many graduate with a Private Pilot License.
- Location: Our campus is located in Melbourne Florida, just five minutes to shopping, restaurants, live theater, beautiful beaches and cinemas. We are a 60 minute drive to Orlando where we frequently visit Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and other world class theme parks. We are located on Florida's Space Coast, the home of Kennedy Space Center where rocket launches are a common occurrence.
- Visit our website at www.flprep.com to see why Florida Prep is a great choice for students looking to achieve academic success in the United States.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodstock Grades: 5-12 | 159 students
614 South Main St.
Woodstock, VA 22664
(540)459-2167 755.8 5-12
Florida Air Academy is an excellent college preparatory school which truly provides individualized attention to each student. We have never seen such a dedicated team of administrators, faculty and staff. In addition to the strong academic education, FAA promotes leadership and character. The campus is kept immaculate; the food is healthy and top-notch, and the atmosphere is family-oriented. The door is always open to speak with administration and faculty, and they welcome parent input.
- Posted by Parent - aoshe
Florida Air Academy (FAA) in sunny Melbourne FL was the perfect choice of education for my children. It is great mix of educational, cultural, and leadership opportunities. Having students from all over the nation and world brings rich opportunities to learn new cultures and create friendships that would not be possible from a public school. My son attended FAA for four years and graduated as the sixth squadron commander and salutatorian of his class. He enjoyed the AFJROTC program and was the rocket club commander and Kitty Hawk vice president. He also studied flight through the program that FAA has with Florida Institute of Technology and he received his private pilot’s license. He applied and was accepted to University of Florida, Georgia Institute of Technology, Embry Riddle and Coast Guard Academy. He also received merit-based and Air Force ROTC and Navy ROTC scholarships. He is now attending Embry Riddle studying Aerospace Engineering. The experience gained at FAA has enabled him to be ready for the challenges of college life. My daughter entered Florida Air Academy in seventh grade and is graduating this year. As a middle school student, she was able to take some high school classes to accelerate her schedule to be able to have room for college-level courses and be a teacher’s assistant. She has been very involved in the AFJROTC program and is currently the Operations Squadron Commander. She is also a member of the color guard and drill teams. She has been the rocket club commander and vice president of Kitty Hawk. Her career goal is to serve in the military rehabilitating servicemen. She is planning on studying Physical Therapy and has applied for Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC scholarships. She has applied to Florida Southern College, High Point University, Campbell University, George Mason and UCF. She has already been accepted to Florida Southern with a merit-based scholarship. My children have thrived at Florida Air Academy. The AFJROTC and military structure has taught them to take their endeavors and studies seriously and responsibly. FAA teaches respect and leadership and offers cadets hands-on experience as leaders. The teachers, TAC officers and staff are wonderful and caring. There are sports, clubs, weekend activities, volunteer opportunities and other supervised fun ways for the cadets to interact. Most of the classes and activities have kids of different ages so they can get to know all the students at the school not just their class. Florida Air Academy is the perfect school for my kids. Your children may enjoy and benefit from the unique learning opportunities that only FAA could offer my kids. Greg & Donna Putira
- Posted by Parent - putir
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.