Bethany Christian School
5.00 (10 reviews)
- Bethany Christian is a smaller select school focused on student academical success and Christian leadership excellence.
- We are a FACCS accredited educational institution, staffed with highly trained and committed teachers and faculty.
- Bethany Christian School is owned and operated by Bethany Church in West Melbourne, Florida.
- We exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ, through a Biblical school environment, that prepares students to glorify God spiritually, academically, and socially. Visit us on Facebook
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(BCS Polos, Khaki/Navy Shorts, Pants, School Skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosie Carpenter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Bethany Christian School was founded in 1968 as a ministry of Bethany Church, West Melbourne, FL. Although in the beginning it was operated under the Accelerated Christian Education approach, it has functioned as a traditional school format since 1981. BCS is fully accredited by the Florida State Department of Education and the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS).
- Bethany consistently provides a quality educational program which prepares students to be successful with a high school to college rate of 98.7 percent. Programs in music, art and athletics are just a few of the many opportunities our students enjoy. Bethany Christian School offers a board recognized Resource Department which provides services for students with learning challenges.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 2.2 K-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 126 students
1616 Ferndale Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935
(321)259-1590 4.1 K-12
Great and safe environment for education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - David Breeden
I absolutely love this school from start to finish. Its very established with teachers, faculty and staff who deeply care about the students here. Additionally their curriculum is top-notch. Both my sons (1 about to go into Kindergarten and another heading towards VPK) have excelled academically in ways I did not expect even from a private school. My 5 year old can read books on his own, solve double digit math problems and has scripture memorized. I am very proud of the hard work he has put in but much more impressed with the teachers. This review is of my impression of the school prior to being hired on to staff, but I am truly blessed to be apart of this team and the opportunities they provide my children.
- Posted by Parent - Cory Fuller
My daughter started at the Bethany preschool when she was 3. She is now going into 6th grade. My other children also started at the preschool and are now going into 3rd, 2nd and pre-K 3. We love Bethany! The teachers and staff are like our family. Our children are known by name and are not just a number. They are loved on, prayed for and educated by the wonderful staff here. We also love that a variety of sports are offered at such a young age!
- Posted by Parent - Rebekah
I couldn't ask for a better High School. out of a list of schools to choose from Bethany just felt like home, I instantly made friends and the teachers were really helpful and gave me time and attention when I needed it! I can personally say that my experience there strengthened my faith and the life long friends I've made have helped me stay disciplined and on the right path.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daniel
My children have attended Bethany since 1st and 3rd grade and they are moving into the 4th and 6th respectfully this year. I could not be happier with their education. Smaller classrooms means more support for the students so that problems are noticed quicker and can be solved. Love the Christian education
- Posted by Parent - Michelle
This is my daughters second year at BCS and we feel blessed to be part of the BCS family ! This is the most loving educational environment I have ever seen, my daughter can't wait to go to school every day and conStanley sharing new things she is learning from letters to scriptures and everything in between. I personally attended 3 of our local private Christian schools when I was younger and wish that I could have been at BCS !
- Posted by Parent - Preschool Parent
I am thrilled with Bethany Christian School!! My daughter has attending BCS for 2 years now. She started in the VPK program, which was amazing. I was super nervous because it was daughter's first time going to school! She loves it!! I give all the credit to the great teahchers and amazing Principle, who dedicates a lot of time and energy in keeping BCS a happy school and it reflects on the children that attend!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
The Preschool is excellent! The students learn to read. Chapel is so exciting and the children love it. Very welcoming to parents. They even have a huge Grandparent day program. This is what a Christion school should be.
- Posted by Parent - samps
Brevard Christian Preschool is so energetic! The students walk in excited to see what they will learn each day. The love of learning extends far beyond preschool. The VPK students are reading books. The school partners with parents to create a school where each child is known by name and parents are able to participate in the daily events. Check out the web site.
- Posted by Administrator - rita
My son is in High school and is doing great. He is being challenged and recieives help after school by the teachers if needed. He loves the new pricipal and all the changes for high school. Instead of struggling to fit in with peer pressure, he is accepted for who he is. He used to want to go to public school but has recently changed his mind. He can now see how the hard work is paying off for his future. God in his daily schooling has molded a young man ready for the challenges of the world.
- Posted by Parent - rterp
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.