Bethany Christian School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Bethany Christian School is owned and operated by Bethany Church in West Melbourne, Florida.
- Bethany Christian School offers a preschool program (18 mths to 4) and Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- We exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ, through a Biblical school environment, that prepares students to glorify God spiritually, academically, and socially. Visit us on Facebook
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(BCS Polos, Khaki/Navy Shorts, Pants, School Skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosie Carpenter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- Bethany Christian School was founded in 1968 as a ministry of Bethany Ministries, West Melbourne, FL. Although in the beginning it was operated under the Accelerated Christian Education approach, it has functioned as a traditional school format since 1981. BCS is fully accredited by the Florida State Department of Education and the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools.
- Bethany consistently provides a quality educational program which prepares students to be successful with a high school to college rate of 98.7 percent. Programs in music, art and athletics are just a few of the many opportunities our students enjoy. Bethany Christian School offers a board recognized Resource Department which provides services for students with learning challenges.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 2.2 K-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 126 students
1616 Ferndale Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935
(321)259-1590 4.1 K-12
My children have attended Bethany since 1st and 3rd grade and they are moving into the 4th and 6th respectfully this year. I could not be happier with their education. Smaller classrooms means more support for the students so that problems are noticed quicker and can be solved. Love the Christian education
- Posted by Parent - Michelle
This is my daughters second year at BCS and we feel blessed to be part of the BCS family ! This is the most loving educational environment I have ever seen, my daughter can't wait to go to school every day and conStanley sharing new things she is learning from letters to scriptures and everything in between. I personally attended 3 of our local private Christian schools when I was younger and wish that I could have been at BCS !
- Posted by Parent - Preschool Parent
I am thrilled with Bethany Christian School!! My daughter has attending BCS for 2 years now. She started in the VPK program, which was amazing. I was super nervous because it was daughter's first time going to school! She loves it!! I give all the credit to the great teahchers and amazing Principle, who dedicates a lot of time and energy in keeping BCS a happy school and it reflects on the children that attend!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
The Preschool is excellent! The students learn to read. Chapel is so exciting and the children love it. Very welcoming to parents. They even have a huge Grandparent day program. This is what a Christion school should be.
- Posted by Parent - samps
Brevard Christian Preschool is so energetic! The students walk in excited to see what they will learn each day. The love of learning extends far beyond preschool. The VPK students are reading books. The school partners with parents to create a school where each child is known by name and parents are able to participate in the daily events. Check out the web site.
- Posted by Administrator - rita
My son is in High school and is doing great. He is being challenged and recieives help after school by the teachers if needed. He loves the new pricipal and all the changes for high school. Instead of struggling to fit in with peer pressure, he is accepted for who he is. He used to want to go to public school but has recently changed his mind. He can now see how the hard work is paying off for his future. God in his daily schooling has molded a young man ready for the challenges of the world.
- Posted by Parent - rterp
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.