- Here at Calvary Chapel Academy, our pre-school, elementary, and junior high students, together with their families, are inspired to know and follow Jesus Christ through an academic and spiritual program of excellence.
- The Vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to raise up godly generations of young people, who love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength, who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church, and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- The Mission of Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with parents who are active Christ followers, to provide quality Christian education, and to prepare students for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service.
- The Instructional Goals of Calvary Chapel Academy are two-fold: to develop godly character in a loving Christian environment, and to provide quality, challenging academic instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEPs will be examined on a case by case basis|
|Total Students||452 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs range, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Richardson|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Cancel|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletic Programs, Band, Chorus, S.T.E.M, Yearbook Club Art Club, Band, Chorus, S.T.E.M, Yearbook Club, Athletic Programs,
- Chapel Chapel Academy began as a preschool in 1999.
- As a ministry of Calvary Chapel Melbourne, it was started as an outreach to the community with three- and four-year olds in attendance.
- Kindergarten was added during the 2002-03 school year, followed by first grade. It was for the 2003-04 school year that the elders and pastors were led to grow the school, adding 2nd-6th grades at one time.
- The doors to Calvary Chapel Christian School opened in August 2003 with 235 students, up from 79 the previous year.
- In 2004-05, 7th grade was added, followed by 8th grade in 2005-06. On May 21, 2006, CCCS graduated its first class of 8th graders.
- In August 2007 the school was blessed with a large expansion, doubling it's size. In the fall of 2008, the school officially changed its name to Calvary Chapel Academy.
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Acamdey is to raise up multiple generations of godly young people who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength; who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church; and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- As the school has grown in students, it has grown in staff as well.
- The program boasts two fully equipped Dell computer labs, iPad lab, expanded fine arts programs, and physical education classes that are held in our gym.
- CCA is double accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 318 students
1100 Dorchester Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
MelbourneGrades: K-12 | 131 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 801 students
50 W. Strawbridge Ave. (Lower School)
Melbourne, FL 32901
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 111 students
4300 N Wickham
Melbourne, FL 32935
Merritt IslandGrades: K-12 | 144 students
Po Box 540067
Merritt Island, FL 32954
My kids have been at this school for six years. I feel incredibly blessed to have them in a loving, Christian environment such as CCA. The teachers are very kind, and compassionate about what they do. The security is amazing, and there has never been one time I have worried about how their day would go after dropping them off in the morning. The fact that they wear uniforms is definite plus, and they are learning about the Lord in every subject.
- Posted by Parent - Michelle R
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.