Calvary Chapel Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Here at Calvary Chapel Academy, our pre-school, elementary, and junior high students, together with their families, are inspired to know and follow Jesus Christ through an academic and spiritual program of excellence.
- The Vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to raise up godly generations of young people, who love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength, who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church, and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- The Mission of Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with parents who are active Christ followers, to provide quality Christian education, and to prepare students for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service.
- The Instructional Goals of Calvary Chapel Academy are two-fold: to develop godly character in a loving Christian environment, and to provide quality, challenging academic instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEPs will be examined on a case by case basis|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs range, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Richardson|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Cancel|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Chapel Chapel Academy began as a preschool in 1999.
- As a ministry of Calvary Chapel Melbourne, it was started as an outreach to the community with three- and four-year olds in attendance.
- Kindergarten was added during the 2002-03 school year, followed by first grade. It was for the 2003-04 school year that the elders and pastors were led to grow the school, adding 2nd-6th grades at one time.
- The doors to Calvary Chapel Christian School opened in August 2003 with 235 students, up from 79 the previous year.
- In 2004-05, 7th grade was added, followed by 8th grade in 2005-06. On May 21, 2006, CCCS graduated its first class of 8th graders.
- In August 2007 the school was blessed with a large expansion, doubling it's size. In the fall of 2008, the school officially changed its name to Calvary Chapel Academy.
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Acamdey is to raise up multiple generations of godly young people who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength; who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church; and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- As the school has grown in students, it has grown in staff as well.
- The program boasts two fully equipped Dell computer labs, iPad lab, expanded fine arts programs, and physical education classes that are held in our gym.
- CCA is double accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: PK-12 | 287 students
1100 Dorchester Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)727-2038 2.2 PK-12
- Melbourne Grades: PK-12 | 868 students
50 W. Strawbridge Ave. (Lower School)
Melbourne, FL 32901
(321)723-8323 9.7 PK-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 0.5 K-12
- Titusville Grades: PK-8 | 268 students
2600 S Park Ave
Titusville, FL 32780
(321)267-1871 36.9 PK-8
- Cocoa Grades: NS-12 | 171 students
1950 Michigan Avenue
Cocoa, FL 32922
(321)636-0865 23.1 NS-12
My granddaughter went here for VPK and LOVED it. We did too. She wanted to go to school on the weekends. :) Dedicated teachers and great results in academics!
- Posted by Parent - Grandma
My kids have been at this school for six years. I feel incredibly blessed to have them in a loving, Christian environment such as CCA. The teachers are very kind, and compassionate about what they do. The security is amazing, and there has never been one time I have worried about how their day would go after dropping them off in the morning. The fact that they wear uniforms is definite plus, and they are learning about the Lord in every subject.
- Posted by Parent - Michelle R
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.