Calvary Chapel Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Here at Calvary Chapel Academy, our pre-school, elementary, andjunior high students, together with their families, are inspired to know and follow Jesus Christ through an academic and spiritual program of excellence.
- The Vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to raise up godly generations of young people, who love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength, who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church, and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- The Missionof Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with parents who are active Christ followers, to provide quality Christian education, and to prepare students for a lifetimeof fruitful Christian service.
- The Instructional Goals of Calvary Chapel Academy are two-fold: to develop godly character in a loving Christian environment, and to provide quality, challenging academic instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEPs will be examined on a case by case basis|
|Total Students||499 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs range, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Richardson|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Cancel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Chapel Chapel Academy began as a preschool in 1999.
- As a ministry of Calvary Chapel Melbourne, CCA was started as an outreach to the community with three-and four-year olds inattendance.
- Kindergarten was added during the 2002-03 school year, followed by first grade. It was for the 2003-04 school year that the elders and pastors were led to grow the school adding 2nd-6th grades at one time.
- The doors to Calvary Chapel Christian School opened in August 2003 with 235 students,up from 79 the previous year.
- In 2004-05, 7th grade was added, followed by 8th grade in 2005-06. On May 21, 2006, CCCS graduated its first class of 8th graders.
- In August 2007 the school was blessed with a large expansion,doubling it's size. In the fall of 2008, the school officiallychanged its name to Calvary Chapel Academy.
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Acamdey is to raise up multiplegenerations of godly young people who love the Lord with all theirheart, soul, mind, and strength; who serve Him in both theirvocational calling and in the local church; and who worship theLord in the beauty of holiness.
- As the school has grown in students, it has grown in staff aswell.
- The program boasts two fully equipped Dell computer labs, iPad lab, expanded fine arts programs, and physical education classes that are held in our gym.
- CCA is double accredited by the Association of ChristianSchools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 0.7 K-12
- Merritt Island Grades: PK-12 | 447 students
140 Magnolia Ave
Merritt Island, FL 32952
(321)453-2710 20.6 PK-12
My granddaughter went here for VPK and LOVED it. We did too. She wanted to go to school on the weekends. :) Dedicated teachers and great results in academics!
- Posted by Parent - Grandma
My kids have been at this school for six years. I feel incredibly blessed to have them in a loving, Christian environment such as CCA. The teachers are very kind, and compassionate about what they do. The security is amazing, and there has never been one time I have worried about how their day would go after dropping them off in the morning. The fact that they wear uniforms is definite plus, and they are learning about the Lord in every subject.
- Posted by Parent - Michelle R
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.