Brevard Private Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (321) 459-3466
- Brevard Private Academy is accredited dually through NIPSA and the NCPA, nationally recognized in both private and public universities and colleges.
- The Academy is grades 7-12 with an enrollment of close to 70 students, an ideal setting for the learning experience for both students and teachers.
- We offer small class sizes, giving our students a great deal of attention, one-on-one guidance, tutoring, and assistance in whatever they may need. Our curriculum is hands-on and visual, and we provide enrichment through various projects, field trips, guest speakers, clubs, and more!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Step Up for Students Scholarship McKay Scholarship Gardiner Scholarship HOPE Scholarship|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Basketball Club, Yoga Club
- Brevard Private Academy is a small private school grades 7-12. Here at our Academy we work with the individual student focusing on academic, social, and behavioral success. Our curriculum is extremely hands-on, accomodating all learning styles to better serve our students' needs. Our Academy offers small class sizes, which creates a one-on-one learning environment and gives students the opportunity to improve in areas in which they may be struggling with. In school tutoring is also a huge part of what makes our school unique. Our students know they can and will get help!
- Why choose our Academy
- N.I.P.S.A. accreditation. Certified teachers. Standard High School Diploma. Smaller class sizes. I.E.P. accommodations. One-on-One tutoring. College, Armed Forces, and Career Placement. Scholarships for free tuition (Step Up for Students and the John McKay Scholarship). Dual enrollment. No bully zone. Bus transportation.
- Call us today to reserve your child's place in our Academy!
- (Check us out on the web at www.brevardprivateacademy.com or Like us on Facebook!)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cocoa Grades: K-12 | 130 students
3815 Curtis Blvd
Cocoa, FL 32927
(321) 474-3990 9.8 K-12
- Cocoa Grades: PK-7 | 27 students
1500 Cox Rd
Cocoa, FL 32926
(321) 636-2551 6 PK-7
Brevard Private Academy is the best school in Merritt Island, if you want teachers who really care about your child, this is the place. I am a teacher myself in Public School so I know good teaching when I see it. I enrolled my son 2009, he is now attending UCF (Go Knights) in Orlando in Business. I just can't thank the teachers as well as the staff enough for caring about my son and making sure he stayed on track and trust me Ms. Cheree ( Principal) and Coach will teach your child respect and point them in the direction they should be. We love BPA !!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - spice
I wanted to let everyone know, my son graduated with Brevard Private Academy June 07,2014 with a 4.0 GPA a bright future scholarship and scholarship to UF..he started BPA in Aug of 2012 and excelled going to BCC with the dual enrollment program and maintaining a 4.0 GPA thru out the school years. This school provided the attention my son needed and deserved, there was never at one time when a teacher, guidance or anyone said no to his help. If you want your child to excel, trust me on this BPA will not fail your expectations. We love Ms. Cheree, she is a strong dedicated principal that devotes her time and affections to all the students, shes a tough cookie, but her life is our Warriors.
- Posted by Parent - bbh27
This school creates a lot of great opportunities and gives students the one on one attention that they thirst for in the average high school classroom.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - yothe
I have to say my daughter was told at Public School in Merritt Island that she could not keep up with the other children in her class, and she was devastated, did not want to ever go back to school. I found Brevard Private Academy as I was driving and stopped in and it has trully changed our life. My daughter loves going to school and I must brag, she was accepted to FSU, as I am a gator mom, but now I will be proud to be a Noles!!!!!!! Thank You Brevard Private Academy and Ms. Cheree you are the greatest person I have ever met and the hardest working lady to make sure our children succeed....God Bless
- Posted by Parent - Mrche
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?