Christian Heritage Academy
Tel: (321) 454-2445
- Heritage Christian Academy is an evangelical Christian school which educates children from Kindergarten Development class for four-year-old through the high school grades.
- It is an extension of the Christian home and an outreach ministry of Grace Free Lutheran Church, formerly Medicine Lake Lutheran Church, to the Christian community (students from 90 different area churches attend this school).
- HCA provides a way to instill and maintain continuity of Biblical principles in young peoples' lives.
- The academy offers a Christ-centered environment in which to develop physically, spiritually, academically, and socially by using a traditional classroom setting.
- Students are taught self-discipline and individual responsibility in the areas of work habits and behavior.
- In addition, extracurricular activities are provided in the areas of art, choral music, orchestra, band, drama and speech, physical education, sports, art club, chess club, and field trips.
- The academy is known for an atmosphere of mutual love and respect among staff, parents, and students. We are truly an "Academy Family.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||1 AP per core subject area plus PSEO offerings|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||range: $3,400-$8,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Herman|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 272 students
1616 Ferndale Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935
(321) 259-1590 15.6 K-12
- Cocoa Grades: K-12 | 130 students
3815 Curtis Blvd
Cocoa, FL 32927
(321) 474-3990 11 K-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321) 725-3743 20.1 K-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?