- Creative Learning is dedicated to helping our students acquire the underlying skills needed to live more productive and independent lives.
- Through our specially designed individualized programs our students make drastic improvements in all areas of functioning.
- At Creative Learning we acknowledge that all children are special and unique.
- We make it our mission to celebrate those differences and to help our students become inquisitive, self-sufficient, and confident learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specializing in Special Education (dyslexia, learning differences, autism, developmental delays, cognitive and auditory processing deficits)|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||McKay Scholarships Accepted|
- Our Educational Perspective: If a student does not have strong underlying skills he/she will not be successful regardless of how impressive and comprehensive the curriculum. Our program focuses on the underlying skills that create an independent and productive learner. Students that struggle with communication, cognition, social interaction, sensory integration, or other underlying areas need these areas to be a main focus in their educational program.
- Individualized program: A truly individualized program is designed to address the needs of each student. Students at Creative Learning spend a significant amount of time working one on one with instructors for training in cognitive & auditory processing, perceptual motor functioning, and reading. We also design a customized program that will be infused throughout the day to address deficits in sensory integration, communication, social skills, and independent functioning. This format dramatically increases the rate at which a student will make personal gains.
- Some of our areas of focus include:
- - Cognitive Therapy
- - Dyslexia Remediation
- - Sensory Integration & Perceptual-Motor Training
- - Auditory Therapy
- - Communication
- - Social Skills Training
Profile last updated: 01/16/2016
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?