St. Mark's Episcopal Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Mark`s Episcopal Academy has been developing the gifts and talents of students since 1956. We are dedicated to providing a high quality education for all students. We believe students learn best when they are engaged and stimulated. We are committed to a model of continuous improvement to deliver a 21st century skills based program. Our degreed and certified teachers are devoted to creating and environment conducive to meaningful learning and achievement. We balance challenging academics and innovative thinking within a safe, nurturing, caring, Christian environment where children of all faiths are welcomed and embraced.
- Our goal is to see students unlock their individual and collective potential to become motivated, life-long learners.
- Our Mission: We strive to instill integrity, confidence, and competence inall students while fostering curiosity, creativity, and reflective thinking.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,450|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joi Robertson|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Glover|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Martial ArtsBasketball, Field Hockey,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art of Baking Club, Coding Class, Computer Science Club, Environmental Club, Lego Club, Magic Club, Minecraft Club, Newspaper, Prekindergarten Science Club, Robotics, Spanish Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Glee Club, Handbell Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- In addition to our Language Arts, Reading, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies programs, our students engage in a Physical Education class every day, attend Spanish and Music classes twice a week, Art class once a week, and STEAM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) one to two times a week. This year, we are completing the construction of our riverfront outdoor chapel and classroom. All students participate in the oyster restoration project in conjunction with the Brevard Zoo. Students also particpate in recess on a daily basis. All faculty members are degreed in field and certified by the Florida State Department of Education. 56% of our faculty members have a Master's level degree.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Merritt Island Grades: PK-12 | 447 students
140 Magnolia Ave
Merritt Island, FL 32952
(321)453-2710 1.4 PK-12
- Titusville Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
1400 N Us Highway 1
Titusville, FL 32796
(321)269-2837 20.4 PK-12
From PreK-3 to 6th grade, St. Mark's is an impressive and amazing program that gets your child ready to face any challenge in his/her future. I praise St Mark's every day for the smart and well rounded student that my son is, and his success in adjusting very easily to living in a new country!
- Posted by Parent - Carla D.
This school is such a blessing! Our daughter attended for 9 wonderful years from PreK3-6th. She learned life skills, achieves high academics, speaks easily in public, and is well rounded. Her greatest gift is her kind and generous heart. All of these things were nurtured and grown in the St. Mark's environment. Priceless.
- Posted by Parent - Kim A
I am excited to see my son, now in prek-4, to continue his school journey at St. Mark's. He loves the STEAM lab, PE and recess everyday! I love that after leaving prek3 he knew all of his letter sounds, and can verbally spell his name. The academics are rigorous, and with the new plans for expansion, we are thankful we chose St Mark's for our children's educational journey!
- Posted by Parent - Colleen B
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.