St. Mark's Episcopal Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
- St. Mark`s Episcopal Academy has been developing the gifts and talents of students since 1956. We are dedicated to providing a high quality education for all students. We believe students learn best when they are engaged and stimulated. We are committed to a model of continuous improvement to deliver a 21st century skills based program. Our degreed and certified teachers are devoted to creating and environment conducive to meaningful learning and achievement. We balance challenging academics and innovative thinking within a safe, nurturing, caring, Christian environment where children of all faiths are welcomed and embraced.
- Our goal is to see students unlock their individual and collective potential to become motivated, life-long learners.
- Our Mission: We strive to instill integrity, confidence, and competence inall students while fostering curiosity, creativity, and reflective thinking.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,450|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joi Robertson|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Glover|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Martial ArtsBasketball, Field Hockey,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art of Baking Club, Coding Class, Computer Science Club, Environmental Club, Lego Club, Magic Club, Minecraft Club, Newspaper, Prekindergarten Science Club, Robotics, Spanish Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Glee Club, Handbell Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- In addition to our Language Arts, Reading, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies programs, our students engage in a Physical Education class every day, attend Spanish and Music classes twice a week, Art class once a week, and STEAM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) one to two times a week. This year, we are completing the construction of our riverfront outdoor chapel and classroom. All students participate in the oyster restoration project in conjunction with the Brevard Zoo. Students also particpate in recess on a daily basis. All faculty members are degreed in field and certified by the Florida State Department of Education. 56% of our faculty members have a Master's level degree.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Titusville Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
1400 N Us Highway 1
Titusville, FL 32796
(321)269-2837 20.4 PK-12
The foundation that is being created in my kids is incredible. With a low parent teacher ratio, 1:1 technology, Spanish, STEAM, art, music, and P.E. the leadership of SMEA understands that education is so much more that preparing for standardized tests! The education standards are high, but so is the creation of character. The kids not only have recess but they also have P.E. every day! I highly recommend SMEA if you are looking for the best education in Brevard County!
- Posted by Parent - Kim M
There are not enough words to describe how much we love St. Mark's Episcopal Academy. The small school size allows for an amazing family feel you can't get at lager schools. The faculty and staff go above and beyond in so many ways. The children not only receive an amazing education in all the traditional subjects they get so much more. Each grade has weekly classes in the STEAM lab where they are learning so many amazing things. My kindergartner comes home with launchers she built, 3D printed shapes, light up creations and so much more! They have PE and recess daily, music and Spanish twice a week and art once a week. Students are also taught so many important life skills. They are taught to be respectful of other's feelings, solve problems without conflict and reflect on their actions when they make a mistake. St. Mark's reaches the child as a whole and offers so many extra-curricular topics to help spark an interest in every child. I can't imagine my children attending any other school. Call and schedule a tour, you won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer Anderson
This school has been amazing! It has taken my child in and embraced them. My child was shy and bashful and now is more outgoing. They have small class sizes to help the individual student in all areas. They offer many subjects like STEAM, PE every day, art, music, Spanish and library days. They are currently working on rebuilding marine biology that was wiped out with a past hurricane. They have a hands on approach to learning. This school is a "hidden gem" and we are very lucky to have found it after our relocation. I can honestly say, my child is loved there and feels important. My child feels like this is home away from home and not just some kid in a classroom.
- Posted by Parent - Carol K
From PreK-3 to 6th grade, St. Mark's is an impressive and amazing program that gets your child ready to face any challenge in his/her future. I praise St Mark's every day for the smart and well rounded student that my son is, and his success in adjusting very easily to living in a new country!
- Posted by Parent - Carla D.
This school is such a blessing! Our daughter attended for 9 wonderful years from PreK3-6th. She learned life skills, achieves high academics, speaks easily in public, and is well rounded. Her greatest gift is her kind and generous heart. All of these things were nurtured and grown in the St. Mark's environment. Priceless.
- Posted by Parent - Kim A
I am excited to see my son, now in prek-4, to continue his school journey at St. Mark's. He loves the STEAM lab, PE and recess everyday! I love that after leaving prek3 he knew all of his letter sounds, and can verbally spell his name. The academics are rigorous, and with the new plans for expansion, we are thankful we chose St Mark's for our children's educational journey!
- Posted by Parent - Colleen B
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.