St. Mark's Episcopal Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Students attend our Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics Lab to enhance 21st century learning skills.
Our students participate in a year long study of the Indian River Lagoon. which provides them with hands on opportunities to learn about our environment and marine life.
Project based learning working particularly well integrating Social Studies with engineering design challenges in the STEAM Lab.
- St. Mark`s Episcopal Academy has been developing the gifts and talents of students since 1956. We are dedicated to providing a high quality education for all students. We believe students learn best when they are engaged and stimulated. We are committed to a model of continuous improvement to deliver a 21st century skills based program. Our degreed and certified teachers are devoted to creating and environment conducive to meaningful learning and achievement. We balance challenging academics and innovative thinking within a safe, nurturing, caring, Christian environment where children of all faiths are welcomed and embraced.
- Our goal is to see students unlock their individual and collective potential to become motivated, life-long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Joi Robertson|
|Admissions Associate||Danielle Pike|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Martial ArtsBasketball, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Class, Environmental Club, Garden Club, Lego Club, Minecraft Club, Newspaper, Robotics, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Glee Club, Handbell Choi
- In addition to our Language Arts, Reading, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies programs, our students engage in a Physical Education class every day, attend Spanish and Music classes twice a week, Art class once a week, and STEAM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) one to two times a week. Students also particpate in recess on a daily basis.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Merritt IslandGrades: PK-12 | 491 students
140 Magnolia Ave
Merritt Island, FL 32952
- TitusvilleGrades: PK-12 | 115 students
1400 N Us Highway 1
Titusville, FL 32796
- CocoaGrades: NS-12 | 171 students
1950 Michigan Avenue
Cocoa, FL 32922
- RockledgeGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
1330 Fiske Blvd
Rockledge, FL 32955
- Merritt IslandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
1940 N Courtenay Pkwy
Merritt Island, FL 32953
From PreK-3 to 6th grade, St. Mark's is an impressive and amazing program that gets your child ready to face any challenge in his/her future. I praise St Mark's every day for the smart and well rounded student that my son is, and his success in adjusting very easily to living in a new country!
- Posted by Parent - Carla D.
This school is such a blessing! Our daughter attended for 9 wonderful years from PreK3-6th. She learned life skills, achieves high academics, speaks easily in public, and is well rounded. Her greatest gift is her kind and generous heart. All of these things were nurtured and grown in the St. Mark's environment. Priceless.
- Posted by Parent - Kim A
I am excited to see my son, now in prek-4, to continue his school journey at St. Mark's. He loves the STEAM lab, PE and recess everyday! I love that after leaving prek3 he knew all of his letter sounds, and can verbally spell his name. The academics are rigorous, and with the new plans for expansion, we are thankful we chose St Mark's for our children's educational journey!
- Posted by Parent - Colleen B
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.