Community Christian School
- Community Christian School was founded in 1984 by a group of individuals who realized the need for a private Christian school in Melbourne.
- Since its inception, CCS has provided a quality Biblically based Christian education to thousands of students in K5 through 12th grade.
- CCS is an independent non-denominational school governed by a board of directors comprised of individuals from several church backgrounds.
- CCS is a non-profit, autonomous ministry, which currently does not receive direct financial support from any church or institution.
- Community Christian School strives to support parents in building a solid foundation of God-centered values and to help our children develop their own unique gifts and abilities.
- We believe this can be best accomplished through high-quality Christian curriculum in a loving atmosphere that nurtures each child in body, mind and spirit.
- CCS is committed to preparing students for advanced education as well as Christian lives of leadership and service.
- We envision a student body made up of individuals who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and strength, and reflect His character by loving others.
- Students, families and faculty experience a diverse community of Christ-followers who truly care about one another.
- It is not unusual to see a couple of students in a quiet corner praying for one another, or a teacher really listening with interest as a student shares something heavy on his or her mind.
- Equally important, students are encouraged to recognize needs of those outside the school and find creative ways to express the love of Christ in meeting those needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants or Skort with School T Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||See www.ccsmelbourne.com/tuition for latest tution rates|
|Admissions Director||Laurel Earls|
- The primary aim of the CCS educational leadership is to EQUIP STUDENTS FOR LIFE. We want to educate our students for an intimate relationship with our Lord and provide them with wisdom and application skills they will need to serve Him. CCS is a discipleship oriented school dedicated to partnering with Christian families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 4.9 K-12
- Merritt Island Grades: K-12 | 144 students
Po Box 540067
Merritt Island, FL 32954
(763)463-2223 15.6 K-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.