- The J. Erik Jonsson Community School provides innovative teaching and learning within a family-friendly environment for at-risk kids from age three through fifth grade.
- Over 75 percent of the school’s 230 students qualify for the free or reduced federal lunch program.
- Families are encouraged to participate actively in their child’s education and in the life of the school.
- The School's Family Guidance Coordinator stays connected with parents of our three year-old students through monthly home visits, emphasizing.
- All classroom teachers make annual home visits at the beginning of each school year.
- The Jonsson School's enriched, accelerated curriculum is based on Texas Education Agency standards.
- Preschool and kindergarten classes have a maximum of 12 students to one teacher.
- First through fifth grades have a maximum of 16 students to one certified teacher.
- Each student receives specialized instruction in art, music and physical education.
- Teaching focuses on engaging students around projects, problems, and collaborative learning, nurturing a true community of learners in each classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Laboratory Schools
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Based on family income|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 515 students
1821 W Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, TX 75232
(214) 672-9200 5.9 PK-8