Montclair Cooperative School
- Montclair Cooperative School is an independent, non-profit, co-educational school committed to experiential learning located in Montclair, New Jersey.
- The school enrolls approximately 175 children from nursery through eighth grade.
- Founded in 1963, it is one of a handful of cooperative schools nationwide.
- Each year we graduate poised, articulate, empathetic, creative, and intellectually flexible young adults who enter the finest private and public secondary schools in the area, the strongest evidence for the positive impact of our program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New Jersey Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is charged according to grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jackie Yarmo|
- The Montclair Cooperative School is a community of learners (Nursery through 8th Grade) in which children are invited to take risks, question, explore, discuss, interpret, and create. They discover ways to apply learning effectively in solving problems and constructing new knowledge. We value diversity and understand that the world is composed of different people, cultures, and ideas. We arecooperative in that everyone - teachers, students, and parents - participates in the educational process. We are progressive in that children learn by building on multi-disciplinary themes and experiences. The Montclair Cooperative School is a community of students, teachers, and parents who are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment where children flourish intellectually and where they develop exceptional social skills along with a deep sense of community responsibility.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)746-9800 0.5 PK-12
- Short Hills Grades: NS-8 | 223 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
(973)379-3442 7.5 NS-8
- Livingston Grades: NS-8 | 277 students
388 S Livingston Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039
(973)992-1587 6.1 NS-8
- Bloomfield Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
50 Byrd Ave
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973)338-8505 1.9 PK-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.