Montessori Childrens School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (281) 345-7822
For 20 years, Montessori Preschool @ Copperfield is an award-winning provider of Montessori education in northwest Houston for ages 18 months 6 years.
We provide an authentic Montessori education to develop a child`s inner powers, self-discipline, and concentration.
We believe children have unlimited potential. Children should have a joyful environment with intellectual freedom.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||6 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Celia Balasingham|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Martial Arts, SoccerBallet, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Music Class
- We have fun!
- In our school, learning is social and active. Children work together daily, developing critical social skills for elementary school and for life.
- Room to Play
- We have a acre playground, with shady oak trees, for children to learn and play. We also have covered patios for picnics and outdoor story time. Our spacious, sun-filled classrooms have attached bathrooms and refrigerated water fountains.
- STEM Everyday
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education is integrated in our classes everyday. STEM is a part of your child`s all-day routine not just in one class and part of a specialized curriculum.
- A Global Outlook
- In the 21st century, children will interact with people from across the globe. We use current events, cultural festivals, and our International Doll of the Month speaker series to spark conversations on culture and geography, and we celebrate the diverse heritage of our community.
- Personal Attention
- Our teacher-student ratios are intentionally low to maximize personalized instruction and improve learning outcomes.
- Families First
- Learning is best when families are involved, and we build relationships with our parents. Through our Mama Bear program, parents actively contribute to school activities and events.
- Teacher Owned-and-Operated
- The school is owned-and-operated by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Montessori teachers. Teachers are in leadership roles so learning (not profit) is always first.
- Kindergarten Ready
- Our students do well in elementary school. Our students typically transition into Gifted and Talented programs and others skip grades. Many alumni successfully compete to earn admission to private schools across Houston.
- An Early Education
- We believe children have unlimited potential and there`s no better time to educate children than in the early years. The Montessori approach develops reading, writing, and math skills as well as skills in independence, concentration, and grit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
This school is excellent. The teachers are highly knowledgeable and follow Montessori principles closely. My little girl is learning so much every day and comes home so happy!
- Posted by Parent - Wallace
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.