Montessori School Of Charlottesville
- The Montessori School of Charlottesville is an independent, non-profit School open to children of all backgrounds, without discrimination in regard to race, gender, religion, economic origins, or family structure.
- The school desires as much diversity among the children and staff as possible.
- The School is dedicated to furthering international and ecological consciousness and views education as "an aid to life".
- Currently, the school enrolls children ages 21 months – kindergarten in classrooms located in Charlottesville, Virginia: Cutler Lane, Gordon Avenue and in the JABA building on Hillsdale Drive.
- At the JABA location, the children are involved in inter generational activities with the elders who attend JABA's adult daycare program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-K | 33 students
631 Cutler Ln
Charlottesville, VA 22901 0 PK-K
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-K | 213 students
735 Park St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434)296-6198 0.6 NS-K
- Charlottesville Grades: 1-12 | 36 students
1414 Westwood Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)923-8252 0.6 1-12
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-8 | 335 students
1205 Pen Park Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434)964-0400 1 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.