Montessori School Of Johns Island
- The Montessori School of Johns Island is a private tuition based independent school.
- The Montessori School of Johns Island Logo represents the educational philosophy of the school and Montessori. Montessori school gives the child the time necessary to learn with a three-year stage of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Montessori School of Johns Island is an independent school located off Main Rd on Johns Island in Charleston, South Carolina. The area is largely rural, but we are conveniently 5 to 10 minutes from West Ashley and James Island. We follow a Montessori Philosophy of teaching, emphasizing independence, freedom within limits and a respect for a child's natural psychological, physical and social development.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Johns Island Grades: PK-12 | 291 students
2024 Academy Rd
Johns Island, SC 29455
(843)559-5506 2.9 PK-12
- Charleston Grades: K-5 | 70 students
13 Oakdale Pl
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)573-1033 8.2 K-5
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.