- Top Ranked SC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 342 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,700
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Charleston Collegiate School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
Academics and Faculty
Uniform shirts and khaki/navy bottoms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- THE FOUR PILLARS OF CCS:
- Project-Based Learning: In a normal day at Charleston Collegiate School, students will explore real-world problems and challenges using creative thinking, non-routine problem solving skills, and teamwork. From a second grade student writing business proposals for selling their garden produce at the local farmers` market, donating their earnings to a local non-profit, to a High School sophomore tackling the `essential question` of how a Langston Hughes poem connects to his own life and perspective of the world, our students are creating a deeper and more meaningful understanding of the subject matter and the world around them.
- Fine Arts and Creativity: Our Fine Arts Program ties all of our academic courses together using the `cross-curricular learning` approach to deepen comprehension. Students are able to write a script and act out the water cycle in science class, create an artistic representation of a character from the novel they are studying in English Class, create artwork based on the time period being studied in History, and film their own commercials for selling the app they created in STEM class. Starting in second grade, students write, direct, and act in their own plays. As they grow and focus their appreciation and understanding of the arts, they progress into upper school students using our state of the art filmmaking and editing lab producing video for international corporations or competing in photography competitions around the country. Our Fine Arts department`s mission is to give our students a creative outlet as well as a competitive edge in today`s world.
- Leadership through Outdoor Education: Charleston Collegiate`s beautiful 30-acre campus includes an Outdoor Leadership and Education Center with nature trails, a tidal swamp with a dock, kayak program, plus low ropes and high rope courses with team building elements that are unique to our campus and curriculum. The kayaking component allows students in 4thgrade and beyond to study a history and science-based curriculum focusing on South Carolina`s rich history and its marsh, river, and harbor ecology. Students in Preschool play "I Spy" around our campus, identifying the different types of trees and birds. Third grade students observe the school`s observation bee hive, reporting their findings and teaching other classes about the bees` role in the ecosystem. Ninth-graders are often seen on the low-ropes elements working on their cooperative skills in their leadership course. The Outdoor Education program provides students with hands-on opportunities to learn risk management concepts, effective communication skills, group dynamics, and survival skills in an outdoor classroom setting. These experiences break down barriers and social cliques, freeing students from any sense of entitlement that can be associated with a private school education.
- Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship: How different would our world be today if everyone had been exposed to the fundamentals of Personal Finance How much easier is it to understand the importance of mathematics when you are an entrepreneur applying it to the balance sheet of your own business Charleston Collegiate prepares our students to enter the 'real world' with an entrepreneurial spirit of problem solving, creating solutions to problems in all areas of life. Second graders are calculating the expense sheet for their classroom pet and brainstorming how they will create income to pay for it. In math, sixth grade students run a bakery and sell their products as a way to practice fractions. In upper school, our business courses give our students the facts they need to understand how money works while exposing them to the collaborative environment and corporate structure of life outside our campus. Knowing that they can take the content from their classroom directly to their everyday lives piques our students' interest in every other area of study... And that spark is at the heart of success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Charleston Collegiate School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Charleston Collegiate School?
What sports does Charleston Collegiate School offer?
What is Charleston Collegiate School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Charleston Collegiate School?
Endorse Charleston Collegiate School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards