Montessori School Of Ojai
5.00 (2 reviews)
Montessori School Of Ojai Photo #2 - Students spend a portion of each week in the garden, cultivating, weeding, watering, learning and enjoying the experience.
Montessori School Of Ojai Photo #4 - All ages benefit from the individualized attention and close relationship with staff.
Montessori School Of Ojai Photo #5 - Students enjoy time in the school garden each week. They assist with weeding, planting and nurturing seeds and plants, and harvesting. Produce is used in the school kitchen and is available to families through a CSA program.
Montessori School Of Ojai Photo #6 - Curriculum includes music for all classrooms. Singing, listening, playing instruments and participating in musical presentations are all a part of the music program.
Montessori School Of Ojai Photo #7 - Infant through Eighth Grade benefit from the Montessori education.
- The Montessori School of Ojai philosophy is drawn from the vision of Maria Montessori, who believed that the environment contributes to the child's potential as an intelligent and creative individual who is knowledgeable about both the natural and academic worlds.
- We believe in working together in a spirit of cooperation, seeking to cultivate and express that which is excellent in each other.
- Active participation in the school community builds caring and responsible individuals.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition schedule available on website|
|Admissions Director||Tiffany Gould|
- Individualized instruction enables each student to receive one-on-one attention daily. The teacher knows the child well and understands his or her learning style and academic level. Montessori School of Ojai provides not only an enriched academic environment with music, garden, science, language, physical education and art, but a caring community of children and adults.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ojai Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
12096 N Ventura Avenue
Ojai, CA 93023
(805)646-1464 2.7 9-12
- Ojai Grades: K-6
530 West Ojai Avenue, Suite 107
Ojai, CA 93023
(805)633-1171 3.6 K-6
My daughter is thriving in her classroom. She loves all the opportunities she has in garden, music, art, PE, foreign language and science. The teaching staff is thoughtful and caring. They are always enthusiastic to teach our children and foster their development. The beautiful 10 acre property offers a unique opportunity for the students to learn from the land around them and have animals on campus that they can learn to care for and enjoy. The Montessori School of Ojai is a very special place and our family is pleased to be a part of it.
- Posted by Parent - lisa_
We've had the privilege of getting to know the Montessori School of Ojai for the past four years. I am thoroughly impressed with the individualized learning model. Children are free to hone skills that they find personally fascinating, while simultaneously learning to balance the requirements of the rest of their academic education. Giving the students some flexibility in when and how they learn seems to keep them interested and feeling a deeper sense of accomplishment and pride in their work. The campus abounds with nature. Plenty of open space to explore and appreciate. Delightful teachers, small classes, and a welcoming community. We love it.
- Posted by Parent - aimee
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.