Montessori School Of Raleigh
- The Montessori School of Raleigh is a community dedicated to the education of children guided by the educational philosophy of Maria Montessori.
- MSR has provided opportunities for the Triangle's youngest citizens to "learn by doing" since 1974.
- The MSR Middle School, grades 7-9, has been graduating accomplished learners since 2001.
- At the Montessori School of Raleigh we believe that school and learning are a part of life, not just preparation for life; children are active learners, not passive absorbers of information; teachers are facilitators and guides, not mere sources of information; parents are partners and resources, not outsiders and uninvolved; community is an extension of school, not separate from school; learning is spiral with depth and breadth, not linear with factual accumulation alone; and knowledge is gained through experience, not through lecture, worksheets, or texts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Refer to our website for tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Henderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.