Montessori School Of Raleigh
- The Montessori School of Raleigh is a community dedicated to the education of children guided by the educational philosophy of Maria Montessori.
- MSR has provided opportunities for the Triangle's youngest citizens to "learn by doing" since 1974.
- The MSR Middle School, grades 7-9, has been graduating accomplished learners since 2001.
- At the Montessori School of Raleigh we believe that school and learning are a part of life, not just preparation for life; children are active learners, not passive absorbers of information; teachers are facilitators and guides, not mere sources of information; parents are partners and resources, not outsiders and uninvolved; community is an extension of school, not separate from school; learning is spiral with depth and breadth, not linear with factual accumulation alone; and knowledge is gained through experience, not through lecture, worksheets, or texts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Refer to our website for tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Henderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.