Montessori School Of Raleigh
- The Montessori School of Raleigh is the Triangle`s modern embodiment and mindful practice of the time-proven Montessori philosophy, developing agile thinkers, poised communicators, and gracious collaborators-engineers of authentic and fulfilling lives from 18 months through 12th Grade. MSR is a Montessori and IB World School.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Refer to our website for tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Henderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- The Montessori School of Raleigh is the Triangle`s modern embodiment and mindful practice of the time-proven Montessori philosophy for toddler through twelfth grade students. Through self-directed engagement with MSR`s embracing culture, inherently interdisciplinary curriculum, and purposefully prepared environments, students construct their own meaning by fully inhabiting the study of their personal fascinations. Implicitly and explicitly guided toward mastery of evolving social, emotional, and academic lessons by expert teachers, their fellow students, and their own metacognitive reflections, they learn the habits of mind and of practice that lead to deep focus, discernment, understanding, and maturity from their earliest years. Through this vigorous and encompassing preparation, students develop the bedrock cognitive, executive, and interpersonal skillsets widely recognized as instrumental for success in college and in life-advancing from MSR as agile thinkers, poised communicators, and gracious collaborators, one and all. But the true hallmark of an MSR education is the manifestation in our graduates of a transformative and future-shaping mindset: an earned and steadfast belief in their inner worth, ability, and consequence; a deep appreciation for community and for the singular gifts of others; and the confidence that comes from knowing themselves as docents of their own learning and engineers of authentic and fulfilling lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
I was first a parent at MSR and my son went from Pre-K through the Middle School (the Upper School wasn't built yet, so he had to go to another high school). As a parent, I loved so much about MSR. The academics were excellent, and the social and emotional development was amazing. The program at MSR really educates the whole child to create a well-rounded graduate who is ready for the real world. I can see so much of MSR's influence on my son as he begins his life as a young adult. I can't recommend MSR highly enough. Yes, I work here, but it is through the lens of a parent that I write this review.
- Posted by Administrator - David H
We have been at MSR for 9 years. Our children have benefited from tailored instruction, compassionate support of their individual interests, and an open and accepting environment within which to learn not only strong academic skills but also important life lessons of collaboration and attention to the global community. The sixth year "Odyssey Trip" was an incredible capstone experience, and the 5th and 6th grade Montessori Model United Nations has been an amazing opportunity for our children. Our children have benefited from the inclusive environment (which extends to the approach to athletics) and are thriving.
- Posted by Parent - Jane Gagliardi
We chose The Montessori School of Raleigh because we wanted the very best education for our son and we believed that the Montessori philosophy was an important aspect of learning. There is so much to love about this school. It is a small school, where administrators and teachers know us and our child by name, but the education they provide is mighty! Our son has been challenged and encouraged in the classroom and the things that he has learned in kindergarten are astonishing. They have also focused on other things (outside of traditional educational measurements) that we believe are important, like cursive handwriting, respect for each other and the world around them, global and cultural awareness, and the importance of being a good citizen. These are lost values that are not commonly emphasized in most public school settings. Our experience with The Montessori School of Raleigh has been outstanding and we consider it a privilege to be able to send our son there each day.
- Posted by Parent - Tracy Nazarchyk Pagnozzi