Montview Community Preschool & Kindergarten
- Montview Community Preschool and Kindergarten is a parent cooperative that honors childhood by supporting diverse families, and by educating children in a play-based environment, emphasizing the joy of discovery, creativity, wonder, and empowerment.
- At Montview, we celebrate the uniqueness of each child. We acknowledge that each child develops at an individual pace and in unique directions.
- We are committed to the development of a child's self esteem through child-directed cooperative play.
- We believe that play is a child's work and that all learning is experiential.
- Children learn by doing. Montview provides a warm, loving, creative and stimulating environment in which children can interact with materials and with each other.
- Children choose their own activities with a focus on process rather than product.
- Children are free to wonder, explore, create, make mistakes, question and repeat experiences from which they can make their own conclusions.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.