Mount Vernon Christian School
- Mt. Vernon Christian School is a not for profit non-denomintional Christian School based on the infallible word of God dedicated to preparing students for service to God and their community.
- We have dedicated our purpose to training individuals the way God trained His own Son.
- As a school of excellence, we will produce students of influence that will impact their generation and the world for the cause of Christ.
- The philosophical basis for our school is the Biblical, God-centered view of man and truth.
- Ultimate truth is God's truth as revealed by His Word.
- Man, apart from God, is devoid of ultimate truth. Man can find truth through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Therefore, at Mt. Vernon Christian School, we seek to bring our students into Christian fellowship with God through our integrated Christian education.
- Biblical principles are taught in every academic subject. Properly taught, each subject should only reveal to the students more about their Creator and His purpose in each life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Northwest Christian Schools International (NWCSI)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||National Institute of Learning Development Program|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
|Tuition Notes||MVCS has a means based tuition plan. The tuition ceiling is a stated amount and parents are allowed to reduce total costs based on Adjusted Gross Income numbers. Call for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Allaude Choral Group, High School Band, High School Choir, High School Student Council, Middle School Band and Choir, National Honor Society|
- MVCS was founded in 1951 as a K - 8 Christian School. In 1983 we began our High School with the first graduating class being sent out in 1987.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount VernonGrades: PK-7 | 67 students
830 N 16th Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Mount VernonGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
1321 E Division Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98274
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.