Mt Scott Park Center For Learning
- Mt. Scott High School (grades 10-12) enrolls up to 75 students with an average teacher to student ratio of 1 to 15.
- Courses are offered in language arts, math, social studies, science, health and P.E., plus a variety of electives.
- Students participate in service learning activities, as well as outdoor educational experiences.
- The school employs a full-time counselor and counseling interns, and provides individual tutoring services through a variety of volunteers.
- Mt. Scott High School also offers the aspire program, which provides mentoring and resources to help students access education and training beyond high school.
- The school is located in the Laurelwood United Methodist Church education wing near the corner of Foster and Holgate in SE Portland.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 8-11 | 19 students
4905 Se Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97206
(503)771-7508 1 8-11
- Portland Grades: PK-K | 47 students
5909 Se 40th Ave
Portland, OR 97202
(503)771-6366 1.3 PK-K
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 60 students
8660 Se Foster Rd
Portland, OR 97266
(503)788-3935 1.4 Inquire with school
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 57 students
4816 Se 92nd Ave
Portland, OR 97266
(503)286-9350 1.5 Inquire with school
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.