Mt Scott Park Center For Learning
- Mt. Scott High School (grades 10-12) enrolls up to 75 students with an average teacher to student ratio of 1 to 15.
- Courses are offered in language arts, math, social studies, science, health and P.E., plus a variety of electives.
- Students participate in service learning activities, as well as outdoor educational experiences.
- The school employs a full-time counselor and counseling interns, and provides individual tutoring services through a variety of volunteers.
- Mt. Scott High School also offers the aspire program, which provides mentoring and resources to help students access education and training beyond high school.
- The school is located in the Laurelwood United Methodist Church education wing near the corner of Foster and Holgate in SE Portland.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 8-11 | 19 students
4905 Se Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97206
(503)771-7508 1 8-11
- Portland Grades: PK-K | 47 students
5909 Se 40th Ave
Portland, OR 97202
(503)771-6366 1.3 PK-K
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 60 students
8660 Se Foster Rd
Portland, OR 97266
(503)788-3935 1.4 Inquire with school
- Portland Grades: Inquire with school | 57 students
4816 Se 92nd Ave
Portland, OR 97266
(503)286-9350 1.5 Inquire with school
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.