Since 1983, Whole Child Montessori Center has nurtured a warm and engaging school community for Portland families with little ones aged 3-6 (preschool-kindergarten).
Whole Child offers a rich, interactive Montessori environment that fosters curiosity, joy, a lively intellect, and social harmony.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 50 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At the heart of the Whole Child Montessori Center community are two beautiful and carefully appointed Montessori classrooms and a lush and enchanting outdoor space that invite children to explore and to exercise their natural desires to learn, discover, and put their hands and bodies to work. Children feel safe and secure in their joyful exploration as they are guided by a highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Whole Child honors the importance of the collaborative spirit and is not simply a preschool, but a vibrant community of children, parents and educators.
- Whole Child is nestled in the Woodstock neighborhood of SE Portland, in a space specifically designed and built to meet the needs of the young child and a small school community. The school draws children and families from all four quadrants of the city with an outstanding reputation for providing a professional, respectful and nurturing environment dedicated to authentic Montessori practice (Association Montessori Internationale accredited).
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Whole Child Montessori Center?
The application deadline for Whole Child Montessori Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Whole Child Montessori Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.