Whole Child Montessori Center
Since 1983, Whole Child Montessori Center has nurtured a warm and engaging school community for Portland families with little ones aged 3-6 (preschool-kindergarten).
Whole Child offers a rich, interactive Montessori environment that fosters curiosity, joy, a lively intellect, and social harmony.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 51 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At the heart of the Whole Child Montessori Center community are two beautiful and carefully appointed Montessori classrooms and a lush and enchanting outdoor space that invite children to explore and to exercise their natural desires to learn, discover, and put their hands and bodies to work. Children feel safe and secure in their joyful exploration as they are guided by a highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Whole Child honors the importance of the collaborative spirit and is not simply a preschool, but a vibrant community of children, parents and educators.
- Whole Child is nestled in the Woodstock neighborhood of SE Portland, in a space specifically designed and built to meet the needs of the young child and a small school community. The school draws children and families from all four quadrants of the city with an outstanding reputation for providing a professional, respectful and nurturing environment dedicated to authentic Montessori practice (Association Montessori Internationale accredited).
Endorse Whole Child Montessori Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.