- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 221 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Muhammad University of Islam was established in 1934 by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad in the city of Detroit, Michigan. The Muhammad Universities of Islam were born from the need to revive, reform and redeem black people who had suffered from the mis-education and hostility towards blacks in the public school system. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad founded Muhammad University of Islam because he had to reverse the poison inherent in the educational system. Muhammad University of Islam provides our children with the essential knowledge of Self and God. Recognition of God is the proper beginning point for understanding every discipline. One of the things that separates man from beast is knowledge. Knowledge feeds the development of the human being so that the person can grow and evolve into Divine and become one with the Creator. True education provides the proper cultivation of one's gifts, talents, mind, body and spirit by bringing us closer to fulfilling our purpose for being, which is to reflect Allah (God). At Muhammad Universities of Islam, our children are taught self-mastery. Mastery of self is the key to mastery of all disciplines because in some way every discipline is present within ourselves. The students are taught to relate the forces within self to the forces that lie outside the self. This connects the student to the disciplines that they are studying in a manner that enables them to ultimately master that discipline.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Muhammad University?
The application deadline for Muhammad University is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Muhammad University. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards