New Covenant Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (417)887-9848 Ext. 403
- New Covenant Academy is a Christian, college preparatory school, grades Jr. K-12, serving families from over 100 churches in the greater Springfield MO area.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||650 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY—BMS 110, COLLEGE ALGEBRA—MTH 135, COMM 211: Presentational Speaking, CRIM 102: Introduction to Criminology, ENG 110 AND ENG 210 COMPOSITION I/II, ENG 200: INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE, ENGL 266: Creative Writing, GSTU 210: Desktop Publishing, HIST 101: American History to 1865, HIST 102: American History Civil War to Present, HIST 107: World History to 1550, HIST 108: World History from 1550, PHIL 100: Introduction to Philosophy, PHYSICS—PHY 100, PLSC 101: Political Science, PSYC 101: Introduction to Psychology, PSYC 230: Life Span Development, SOCI 101: Introduction to Sociology, SPANISH III—SPN 101/102, SPANISH IV—SPN 201/202|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tuition rates or go to our website under admissions.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Delana Reynolds|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
High School Clubs, Junior High Choir, Junior High Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
6th grade band, Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Elementary Orff Music, Junior High Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Christian Faculty and Staff who serve as excellent role models for students.
- Accredited by Cognia and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) and Mark Twain Conference (MTC)
- Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- A dynamic student body that represents approximately 100 different churches in the greater Springfield MO area.
- Extended childcare services before and after school hours.
- Stanford Achievement Test, ACT Aspire and ACT college entrance test results that exceed the national average.
- Opportunities to earn college credit while satisfying high school graduation requirements.
- A tuition assistance program available to families who demonstrate financial need.
- Weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually.
- A delicious hot lunch program.
- Co-curricular classes in band, choir, art, library, physical education, Spanish, computer and business.
- Extracurricular activities such as field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural senior mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12.
- Beautiful campus facilities that provide a safe learning environment for students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
2157 N Prospect Ave
Springfield, MO 65803
(417)869-6095 6.2 PK-12
This a wonderful school that you should go and visit as you consider where your children will be going to school. The teachers are wonderful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a great combination of a strong academic program and Christian teaching.
- Posted by Parent - steve
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.