The Summit Preparatory School
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 166 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,344
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Polo Shirts in varying colors with school logo, and khaki or navy pants.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Archery Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Esports Team, Garden Arts Club, Girl Scouts, Guitar Club, LEGO Robotics Club, Math Club, Running Club, Spanish Competition Club, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Theatre Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Garden Arts, Rock Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Track and Field, Volleyball
The Summit was founded in 2004 by a group of parents who desired a different and inspiring environment for their children to grow and learn. In 2005, the first school year began with 60 students in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Each academic year, the program was expanded one grade level until 2010, when 12th grade and Pre-Kindergarten were added to the program. In the 201213 school year, the Beginners program for three- and four-year-old students was added.
- A stellar faculty facilitates individualized learning through small class sizes and integrated curriculum. Smaller class sizes allow for individualized instruction in the classroom, and students are well-known by their teachers.
- Parents support learning at home by reinforcing classroom concepts and participating in extracurricular experiences.
- Students are encouraged to reach their full potential and are celebrated for their achievements and excellence.
- Through inquiry-based learning and project-driven curriculum, students take responsibility for their own learning and become active participants in their school, local, and global community.
- The Summit curriculum is centered on educating the whole child, incorporating instruction in core curricular disciplines, such as mathematics, communication arts, science, and social studies, as well as non-traditional areas, such as character development, fine arts, citizenship, and foreign language.
- The foreign language program currently consists of daily Spanish instruction, starting in Beginners, and building to college-level Spanish, as well as additional languages in the high school years. Students also have the opportunity to learn Mandarin through weekly and monthly club events.
- Summit students are sweeping Language Arts Department (LAD) fair competitions, science fairs, Mock Trial competition, Southwest Baptist University (SBU) Math competitions, and Pummil Math Relays, and strings competitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Summit Preparatory School cost?
The Summit Preparatory School's tuition is approximately $9,344 for private students.
What sports does The Summit Preparatory School offer?
The Summit Preparatory School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. The Summit Preparatory School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for most sports offered.
What is The Summit Preparatory School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Summit Preparatory School?
The application deadline for The Summit Preparatory School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the The Summit Preparatory School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse The Summit Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards