New Hope School
5.00 (9 reviews)
- New Hope School is a MSA-CESS accredited K-8 private school dedicated to academic excellence and the development of strong moral character in its students.
- It has a diverse student body and welcomes the active participation of parents to create a family-friendly environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,450|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Blue khaki pants and white button-down shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts apply for families with more than one student enrolled at the school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Josephine Gimay|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mad Science, Martial arts class, Reading Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance class, Piano lessons
- New Hope School was founded in 1996 by concerned parents who were interested in establishing a school that would promote both good academics and a moral education for their children. Working at first out of the home of one of these parents, the school gradually expanded and, in 2002, moved to its present location at the Athenia Reformed Church in Clifton, New Jersey. Our enrollment currently comprises students from a wide range of ethnic and religious backgrounds. From the beginning New Hope School has sought to create a rigorous curriculum to challenge its students both spiritually and intellectually. In 2008 we adopted a curriculum created by the Core Knowledge Foundation, which is a challenging comprehensive academic program. In addition to our academic program, we seek to promote family values to develop our students` heart and character in preparation for an adult life of living for the sake of others. In 2017, New Hope received its accreditation from the Middle States Association Committee on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS).
- What We Offer Students attending New Hope School benefit from the following features: 1. Commitment to high academic standards. Our students` performance in the Terra Nova standardized tests are consistently well above the national and state average at all grade levels. Many graduates and their parents have testified to the excellent preparation they received for their subsequent education in the higher grades. 2. Small class sizes. Our low student-teacher ratio allows for lively classroom interaction and personal guidance for students. We are proud of the nurturing and supportive atmosphere that both parents and teachers provide for our students. 3. Moral atmosphere. The school takes seriously its responsibility to maintain a pure moral environment for our students to work in and relate to each other. Our teachers understand their role as moral examples for their students. 4. Quality curriculum. The Core Knowledge curriculum is comprehensive, sequenced and specific. It is grounded in developing solid reading skills and comprehension in the early grades. Teachers help students build their knowledge and make efficient progress year-to-year, motivating them with consistently challenging content.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Short Hills Grades: NS-8 | 223 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
(973)379-3442 11.8 NS-8
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)746-9800 4.3 PK-12
- Clifton Grades: Inquire with school | 82 students
1481 Main Street
Clifton, NJ 07011
(973)772-2600 1.2 Inquire with school
- Clifton Grades: PK-8 | 469 students
797 Valley Rd
Clifton, NJ 07013
(973)779-4700 1.7 PK-8
If you are looking for a family-friendly safe atmosphere for your child, then New Hope School is the right choice for you. My daughter went to New Hope school from Kindergarten to 2nd grade and was very happy with her learning environment. During her 3rd grade year, my husband and I tried the public school setting and it was not a good fit for my daughter. We decided to come back to New Hope school at the beginning of my daughter's 5th-grade year and we know we've made the right decision due to the excitement my daughter has about going to school each day. New Hope school is such a warm environment where my daughter feels comfortable being herself. The strength of the school is that they tend to the needs of the whole child by teaching them character development along with a rigorous curriculum. My daughter has read many classics that challenge her learning and when she comes home and tells me about what she learned in her reading and science classes I feel comforted that she is in the right place. New Hope school also focuses on project-based learning, which motivates students to be creative in their learning. They also enjoy going on many field trips. My daughter is on her way to 7th grade next year and I'm pleased with her growth. Her teachers also communicate well with parents so you always know what is going on with your child's learning and needs.
- Posted by Parent - Johnson
The New Hope school is a family-like place. A wonderful school where my kid feels comfortable and happy. I highly recommend this school for all parents. The teachers and employees are so friendly and nice.
- Posted by Parent - Yasser
New Hope School is a warm, family friendly school. We love how they work on teaching the children character values, virtues and community service. It's a friendly and safe environment. Classroom sizes are small so it helps the teachers to be caring and dedicated to the children and their development. Our son has improved greatly in his reading and writing. If you are looking for a school where your children are cared for, affordable tuition and after care, small class size, New Hope School is where to go.
- Posted by Parent - Garcia
New Hope School provides a very warm, inviting, and accepting of everyone atmosphere. Now that my daughter attends New Hope, I can attest that New Hope is the best that academia has to offer. The teachers are very committed to their students and the curriculum is very challenging. The administration and staff at this school strive to improve the school in all aspects. They take the time to understand each child and help them reach their goals. There is friendly and safe atmosphere for all students. Classroom sizes are small and students are respectful. The academics are strong with many extra activities. There are morning and afternoon care programs that really help working families. It is an exceptional future preparatory school and I will recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Virendra
I could not have found a better school for my son`s elementary and mid school education. His teachers are great and they go an extra mile to help and practice class work with the kids. The principle is firm but an excellent role model for my son and other kids.Since my son started last year in third grade, he has made remarkable progress in his reading and writing. He is a member of the reading club. They also have great extracurricular activities to keep the kids active such as martial arts, dance music, chess etc. If you are looking for a school with a small class size, great staff, reasonable tuition and where the teachers pay individual attention to the kids, New Hope is where to go. Your child will look forward to attending school every day and you`ll be a proud NHS parent like me.
- Posted by Parent - Chidiebere
My children were here for 6years, and they still have good memories. As alumni parent, I felt very secure feeling about their curriculum, specially Core Knolege program. Also I enjoyed parents education program. If you're living in this area and looking for quality education, this place will be your choice.
- Posted by Parent - akemi
We were so grateful to the teachers and all personel for such a great taking care of our children and their personal dedication to teach them a great number of values in daily life. Highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Atela
New Hope School is a true gem., it's like a family instead of a school..I had a 'for sale' sign on my house, I was getting discouraged when I was searching f/a good school for my boy., found New Hope & immediately took the sign down..good schools are hard to find, so glad I found you guys.
- Posted by Parent - peanu
Excellent school, just like a family!!! Recomended.
- Posted by Parent - Arias
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.