New World Montessori School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- New World Montessori School is specifically designed for the development of the whole child.
- Exploration and active learning are fostered based on Maria Montessori's insights and materials.
- In this child centered approach to education, children learn to be responsible and grow in independence as they make choices within the carefully prepared environment.
- They discover the secrets of language and phonics, reading, math and the wonders of the surrounding world.
- Trained teachers provide individualized instruction, thereby allowing children to progress at their own pace.
- Instructors model respect by treating the students with dignity and consideration at all times.
- Throughout the day the children have opportunities to develop language and social skills as they talk and interact with others.
- Creative expression is encouraged through a variety of art materials, music and movement. Active play is extremely important for the children to develop their large motor skills; therefore the children daily have the opportunity to be outside where they can climb on playground equipment and run freely.
- New World Montessori School is a safe and happy place where children actively and eagerly engage in their lessons.
- In this type of atmosphere, children truly flourish and grow.
- The school admits children of any race or ethnic origin.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Hasbrouck HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 442 students
215 Kipp Avenue
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
East RutherfordGrades: NS-K | 90 students
144 Boiling Springs Ave.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Elmwood ParkGrades: K-9 | 297 students
300 Market St
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
ParamusGrades: PK-K | 53 students
156 Forest Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
River EdgeGrades: PK-8 | 967 students
666 Kinderkamack Rd
River Edge, NJ 07661
I just needed to write a review on this wonderful, quaint school. My daughter has attended this school for 2 years. She just graduated this year and I must say, I am very happy to have chosen this school for her. Ms. Heidi and Annette are the 2 main staples of this school, their sincere love and care for each child is quite apparent. The other teachers are energetic and enthusiastic and they all complement each other well. My daughter has learned a great deal and has been exposed to a lot of different ideas. Her knowledge of geography, reading, mathematics, I believe exceeds many children her age in no small part to this school. If you want a school that teaches your child to clean up after themselves, free and independent thought, manners, and of course, math, reading, geography, this is a great school. You'll feel like it's a family affair. They will care for your child, you will feel safe and comfortable knowing that they are receiving a great education. I highly recommend this school
- Posted by Parent - John Z
After interviewing other schools, as soon as my husband and I sat in on a class we looked at each other and knew this was the school for our daughter. The director Heidi and all 4 teachers rotate the classroom paying close attention to each child, reviewing lessons and encouraging them. The children are taught to be kind, thoughtful, patient and independent. They sing and learn sign language too! The environment is neat, calm and orderly. This is a well rounded school. To see my daughter's achievements has been more times than once, jaw dropping. She started when she was 3 and is now graduating Kindergarten. We will miss this school immensely. If I had to do it all over I would again choose New World Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - Joej7
Both of my daughters (now ages 10 and 8) attended New World Montessori as pre-school and kindergarten students. They received an excellent education and strong foundation for learning. While academics are important, I believe it is just as important to note what they were taught in terms of citizenship. Respect, kindness and compassion are modeled by teachers and expected of students at all times. In the years since they left NWM and began attending public schools, every teacher and administrator my daughters have worked with has remarked favorably about the respectful manner and tolerance shown by my daughters to adults and children alike. With public school classroom student-teacher ratios averaging 22:1, I believe it is remarkable and credit the girls' pre-school teachers for setting such a fine example. NWM fosters the growth of the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - Wrenr
Our son attended New World Montessori School in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ and the pre school is wonderful. It is an extremely well organized and supplied Montessori learning environment that is a calm and pleasant. The staff is friendly and loving to the children and the facility is impeccably clean and competitively priced. We would highly recommend this pre school.
- Posted by Parent - denis
I feel so fortunate to have found this gem! It is a great place. Academics are amazing. I am very happy with the warm and friendly staff that is so well prepared day after day. I feel that each child is given so much attention and one on one time. Parent and teacher communication is great. I am so pleased with this school!
- Posted by Parent - ccape
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?