Newark Day Center
Tel: (973) 643-5713
- The Newark Day Center, founded in 1803 as the Newark Female Charitable Society, is a multifaceted, innovative, pace-setting community agency serving children, youth, adults and seniors.
- The mission of the Newark Day Care Center is to continue our long tradition of training the poor to help themselves.
- We strive to support the citizens of Newark and Essex County of all ages by providing child care, training opportunities for adults, social services for the elderly and summer camping experiences through the Fresh Air Fund.
- We will also serve as a vehicle to promote partnerships with other community-based organizations, and advocate for those who seek our assistance.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 357 students
342 Central Ave.
Newark, NJ 07103
(973) 624-0644 1.1 K-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.