Newark Boys Chorus School
- At Newark Boys Chorus School, our mission is to create a challenging academic and musical environment in the city of Newark for young males from fourth through eighth grades.
- Newark boys chorus school ultimately seeks to provide the community with young men who value a love for learning, a quest for excellence, and a compassion for humanity.
- NBCS students, parents, teachers, and staff value: embracing a hunger for learning: striving for excellence in all that we do; respecting others and their property; and creating a cooperative spirit among the members of our school family.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, school polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Free Effective September 2017|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brenda McLeod|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
African Drumming, Musical Theater
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Orange Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973) 672-4124 2.9 PK-12
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
183 Bayview Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07305
(201) 332-7111 5.1 PK-8
- Nutley Grades: PK-12 | 409 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973) 667-9700 6.4 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.