Sacred Heart School
Tel: (201) 332-7111
- Sacred Heart School provides outstanding educational opportunities for children in grades kindergarten through eight.
- A breakfast program and after-care are available to assist busy families.
- The school is administered by the Sisters of Charity, who have long been recognized as educational leaders who promote both academic excellence and strong moral values.
- Sacred Heart School is one of an elite group of elementary schools accredited by the Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools, which ensures that member schools provide the highest quality education to their students.
- We consider it our mission to ensure that each of our children is provided with a sound educational foundation, a positive self-esteem, and the experiences needed to attain some integration of the scholastic, religious, moral and human entities needed to continue the learning process.
- As believers in Gospel values, we hope to reflect God's love, a respect for the uniqueness and dignity of each child and one another, and an appreciation for learning which will inspire a desire for the continued learning process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 276 students
509 Pavonia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 653-0128 2.1 PK-8
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 205 students
118 Ferry St
Jersey City, NJ 07307
(201) 659-5948 2.9 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.