Al Ghazaly School
5.00 (1 review)
- Established in 1984, Al-Ghazaly Elementary has developed a comprehensive education program taught to the highest standards as defined by New Jersey's Core Curriculum Content Standards, with a strong focus on Islamic Studies.
- Al-Ghazaly Elementary School provides a caring, Islamic environment suitable for any child in the Muslim Community.
- It is the mission of Al-Ghazaly Elementary School to promote a congenial school environment that will inspire in the students pride in their Muslim identity to address this mission, Al-Ghazaly Elementary School will: provide quality Islamic education and high academic standards in an active learning environment that incorporates problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analytic reasoning; create an Islamic atmosphere that fosters proper adab and principles in everyday interactions; inculcate leadership and critical thinking skills necessary to excel in any future endeavors; provide a safe and secure caring environment where people respect and enjoy learning; and utilize modern teaching strategies and methodologies to instill in Al-Ghazaly students an appreciation of the treasures, beauty and richness of the Arabic language.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Orange Grades: NS-12 | 277 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)672-4124 7.8 NS-12
- Jersey City Grades: NS-8 | 113 students
539 Bergen Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07304
(201)435-1075 0.3 NS-8
- Newark Grades: K-9 | 61 students
15 James St
Newark, NJ 07102
(973)732-5087 5.7 K-9
- Union City Grades: NS-12 | 231 students
501 15th St
Union City, NJ 07087
(201)223-9920 3.6 NS-12
This school has been one of the best Islamic schools in NJ for a long time. Recently, over the past year, the school has been blessed with an amazingly active Board of Directors that has taken the school to an even higher level. I would higly recommend this school to any parent that would like to see their children grow to greatness.
- Posted by Parent - emmas
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.