Al Ghazaly School
5.00 (1 review)
- Established in 1984, Al-Ghazaly Elementary has developed a comprehensive education program taught to the highest standards as defined by New Jersey's Core Curriculum Content Standards, with a strong focus on Islamic Studies.
- Al-Ghazaly Elementary School provides a caring, Islamic environment suitable for any child in the Muslim Community.
- It is the mission of Al-Ghazaly Elementary School to promote a congenial school environment that will inspire in the students pride in their Muslim identity to address this mission, Al-Ghazaly Elementary School will: provide quality Islamic education and high academic standards in an active learning environment that incorporates problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analytic reasoning; create an Islamic atmosphere that fosters proper adab and principles in everyday interactions; inculcate leadership and critical thinking skills necessary to excel in any future endeavors; provide a safe and secure caring environment where people respect and enjoy learning; and utilize modern teaching strategies and methodologies to instill in Al-Ghazaly students an appreciation of the treasures, beauty and richness of the Arabic language.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Orange Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)672-4124 7.8 PK-12
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 106 students
539 Bergen Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07304
(201)435-1075 0.3 PK-8
- Newark Grades: K-9 | 61 students
15 James St
Newark, NJ 07102
(973)732-5087 5.7 K-9
- Union City Grades: NS-12 | 231 students
501 15th St
Union City, NJ 07087
(201)223-9920 3.6 NS-12
This school has been one of the best Islamic schools in NJ for a long time. Recently, over the past year, the school has been blessed with an amazingly active Board of Directors that has taken the school to an even higher level. I would higly recommend this school to any parent that would like to see their children grow to greatness.
- Posted by Parent - emmas
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.