Hamilton Park Montessori School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Hamilton Park Montessori School Photo #3 - Maria Montessori was globally acknowledged for her advocacy toward peace and social justice; as such, it is integral to HPMS values to search for common ground, and to work with dedication toward compassionate understanding.
Hamilton Park Montessori School Photo #4 - Recognizing the interconnectedness of all things, HPMS honors Maria Montessori's legacy of service to humanity and stewardship to our environment by creating ongoing opportunities for students and community members to connect with each other, with our neighbors and with the world.
- In 2006 when Hamilton Park Montessori School opened the doors of its two early childhood classrooms, it committed to a whole-child approach to education- one that meets the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of each child.
- 10 years later, and well into our expansion into Middle School, we continue to nurture each child`s love of learning.
- As educators, we believe that our job rests solely in ensuring that each child has the opportunity to grow into a capable, confident and compassionate citizen of the world.
- To this end, we have an incredibly talented, educated, and passionate group of teachers who work tirelessly to create beautiful, developmentally appropriate environments.
- We also have an amazing community of parents whose gracious support and commitment are without equal.
- Come visit us and see how our authentic Montessori environment sparks children`s innate love of learning.
Hamilton Park Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||http://www.hamiltonparkmontessori.com/programs/student-support/|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||http://www.hamiltonparkmontessori.com/programs/core-programs/summer-enrichment-program/|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||please refer to website for details: http://www.hamiltonparkmontessori.com/admission/schedule-tuition/|
|Admissions Director||Diana Stravoiu|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- Hamilton Park Montessori School educates children from infancy through eighth grade, following the vision of Maria Montessori, who was thrice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for her advocacy of children and her work toward world peace. Built on Montessori`s values and her scientific observation of the nature of learning, HPMS` curriculum lays a sound foundation in mathematics, language, geography, science and social science, creative arts, physical movement, sensory learning and practical living. As Montessorians, we believe this strong foundation is the key to academic success, personal growth and global awareness.
- On this belief and through mutually supportive effort with our families, HPMS is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse student body, supporting all students` curiosity and passion for learning, feeding their creativity and building independence, self-awareness, self-discipline and respect for themselves and others. In partnership with faculty and parents, HPMS students learn to work hard and to persevere, to think critically, to pursue social justice, and to find joy in themselves, their peers and their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 378 students
721 W Side Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201)433-4270 1.8 PK-8
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 276 students
509 Pavonia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201)653-0128 0.7 PK-8
We feel so fortunate that HPMS shaped our children's formative years. They started in pre-K and they are now in Upper Elementary and Middle School at HPMS. From the earliest years, the children are encouraged to remain curious, collaborative, and joyful. This philosophy remains as the children advance through the upper grades. We are elated by the standardized test scores our children achieve. Montessori has been an incredible tool for our family, and HMPS fosters the respectful mannerisms by which the kids conduct themselves. We really couldn't ask for anything more from a school. Highly, highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Fifth & Seventh Grade Parents
Our daughter has finished her first year of school in the bridge program at Hamilton Park Montessori and we have nothing but good things to say. When we first started looking for schools we appreciated the process of the school to first learn about the Montessori method, and then later we were able to observe a class. We were amazed at how independent the children were at work. All of the kids were busy working both independently and on group projects in their own spaces. The classrooms are beautiful and bright. Needless to say we had a great first impression of the school and decided to enroll our daughter. The head of school, Ms. Alexa, is very attentive and easy to talk to. She was able to answer any of our questions before starting the process. Our daughter started in the summer Wee program to get accustomed to the space. The school was very helpful during the transition as our daughter never attended daycare before. They were very flexible and our daughter quickly made friends with her teachers and then with her classmates. She started the bridge program last September and immediately fell in love with her teachers. Ms. Martha, Ms. Aisha, and Ms. Coco are all wonderful teachers, extraordinarily caring, and have aided to the growth of our daughters development. Every morning when we dropped her off at school we could trust she was in good hands. They even told us when our daughter was ready to be potty trained, and she definitely was. We`ve decided to enroll our daughter in the summer session this year and are looking forward to next school years Early Childhood program.
- Posted by Parent - Bruce
I couldn`t ask for a better school. As a teacher, I was very demanding while searching for my daughter`s first school. As soon as I stepped in Hamilton Park Montessori School I knew it would be great for my daughter. The school is very clean, bright, spacious and well equipped. The staff is very friendly. The teachers are extremely professional, loving and very caring. Ms Alexa and Ms Lala are very easy to approach and to communicate with. The method itself is brilliant and works perfectly. My daughter has been studying there for a year and I always get amazed by her development. She loves her teachers and going to school. She asks to go even on weekends. It`s very gratifying to see her happiness and excitement every morning on the way to school. Hamilton Park Montessori School has been amazing for my family and I`m very happy to have my daughter educated in this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Paty
We came from a different country and our daughter had just turned 4 when we arrived in the US. She got into HPMS mid-year and we had a lot of concerns around how well she`d adapt in school, not being an English speaker, being really young and already having had a previous, different school experience, with a teacher she loved. The school staff was very welcoming from day 1. Ms Alexa, Ms Lindsey, Ms Diana, everyone! We, as parents, felt absolutely welcome and secure that our daughter would be given full attention and cared for during school hours. But the real surprise came after the first few days of school classes. She simply loved it. The Montessori way allied with three excellent teachers (Ms Justine, Ms Andreea and Ms Melissa) made she 100% in love with going to school, even more than in our original country., She fit in, she adapted, she learned and in no-time (really, 2 months tops) she went from communicating with gestures to actually speaking and understanding teacher and friends. Congrats HPMS, congrats to that awesome staff, you really warmed our hearts!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of a student
We love this school, our child is flourishing here and we are looking forward to many more years as a HPMS family.
- Posted by Parent - ParentHPMS
HPMS provides a warm, nurturing environment for children . With teachers and staff who strive to be role models everyday, children cannot help but reflect and embody the same values and behaviors. Learning is driven by the child and built into life at school. Learning seems effortless for the child, which is what I loved most about this school. There is emphasis on the importance of giving to the community. Diversity is promoted in every way. Both my daughters have greatly benefited from the school and I wish the school the best!
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
My son has been a student at HPMS for 5 years, and I'm so happy he'll be able to continue on here for middle school. HPMS is a thoughtful, holistic environment that is truly Montessori-- it focuses on the needs and interests of each child, while fostering their understanding & respect of one another as a community (and the world at large). I've seen the school grow leaps and bounds in the past 5 years, and while not without some growing pains, I could not imagine a better place for my son to experience these formative years, both academically & socially.
- Posted by Parent - Michele Spiezia
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.