Hoboken Catholic Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of HOBOKEN CATHOLIC ACADEMY is to educate the mind, encourage the growth, and enhance the ongoing spiritual development of each child in our care.
- We as a Catholic Christian community are committed to programs of excellence, in an atmosphere permeated with the Gospel message of love and service.
- Hoboken Catholic Academy is a Catholic elementary school for children Pre-K3 through Grade 8.
- The school has an enrollment of about 345 students with an average class size of 21 students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,552|
|Tuition Notes||PK-$7000, K-8-$6500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Gigi Cordova|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry, Chess, French, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Dance, HCA Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Karate, Track, Volleyball
- The mission of HOBOKEN CATHOLIC ACADEMY is to educate the mind, encourage the growth, and enhance the ongoing spiritual development of each child in our care. We as a Catholic, Christian community are committed to programs of excellence, in an atmosphere permeated with the Gospel message of love and service. Hoboken Catholic Academy is a Catholic elementary school for children Pre-K through Grade 8. There are Smart Boards in all Prek to Grade 8 classrooms and newly installed Smart Tables in all PreK and Kindergarten Classrooms. Two 30 Mac Book computer carts make every classroom a computer lab. Formal computer instruction by dedicaed computer teachers begins in grades one. The school is 100% wifi. We offer extensive extracurricular and athletic programs. We have established a partneship with the Ignatian Scholars Society from St. Peters Preparatory HS in Jersey City for afterschool tutoring and enrichment programs. Graduating eighth graders will attend, Xavier HS in NYC, St. Peters Prep, St. Dominic Academy, Hudson Catholic HS in the fall and students were also accepted at McNair Academic HS, St. Marys HS in Rutherford, Paramus Catholic, Queen of Peace, Notre Dama Academy in NYC and St. Anthony HS. Students were awarded over $100,000 in academic scholarships. There were only fifteen students in the class of 2014.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union City Grades: PK-8 | 302 students
1601 Central Ave
Union City, NJ 07087
(201)863-4112 1.2 PK-8
- Hoboken Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
422 Willow Ave Ste 3
Hoboken, NJ 07030
(201)653-5548 0.3 PK-8
I have one child attending HCA. Last year was a hard year for our school, since we were displaced for most of the academic year due to Sandy. But this year has gone beyond my expectations. Our new principal is amazing. He has breathed new life into the community and our children are doing better than ever. We have an enormous amount of programs for our children and our teachers are wonderful. Our school may be the quiet one on the west side of town, but we are mighty.
- Posted by Parent - maria
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.