Stevens Cooperative School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (201) 792-3688
- Stevens Cooperative School's Hoboken and Newport, Jersey City campuses serve a diverse population of over 420 students from two years old through 8th grade. Accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools, Stevens is an excellent model of rigorous education in action.
- 8th grade students are regularly accepted into some of the most prestigious high schools in the country.
- In the summer, Stevens offers a robust day camp and specialty weeks for children Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Early morning and after school options are available throughout the year.
Stevens Cooperative School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||455 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 2|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,355|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid Available to Qualified Families|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Rossi|
|Admissions Associate||Annie Belleittier|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Figure Skating, Gymnastics,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field
- About the School
- Stevens Cooperative School is a private (independent) school for two-year-olds through 8th grade with campuses in Hoboken and Newport, Jersey City, NJ. Founded in 1949, Stevens is the oldest parent cooperative school in New Jersey. Originally an informal playgroup for children of the faculty at Stevens Institute of Technology, the school has grown into a full nursery, elementary and middle school, with more than 430 students. The school`s model for education fosters creativity and depth of thinking where the student voice can flourish. Stevens is accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. The Stevens community consists of a diverse population of families representing a broad range of towns including Hoboken, Jersey City, Weehawken, North Bergen, Secaucus, Union City, Bayonne, West New York, Cliffside Park and other NJ locations and Manhattan.
- For more information about Stevens, please visit www.stevenscoop.org.
- Mission Statement
- We imagine a world with well-informed, engaged citizens who are motivated to make a difference. In partnership with our diverse faculty, staff, families and the greater community, Stevens Cooperative School students explore, question and communicate in ways that will inspire and shape the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City Grades: PK-8 | 463 students
248 Marin Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 434-2405 1.7 PK-8
- West New York Grades: PK-8 | 201 students
6408 Palisade Avenue
West New York, NJ 07093
(201) 861-3227 3.7 PK-8
We looked at a couple of different private schools before enrolling our son at Stevens Cooperative School. Initially, we had a different private school in mind because they offered French, but after we went to Stevens` open house we felt that Stevens would be the best fit and decided to enroll him there. Stevens did not disappoint. We had a great first impression but love the school even more now since our son is a student. He is so excited to go to school every day and even asked us during winter break when he could go back to school. Everybody there, the teachers and the administration are very passionate about teaching and deeply care about the students. Stevens` teachers and administration are focused on the students and how they can best serve them. Our son is in PreK and his teachers are fantastic, very warm and caring but still provide the structure and discipline preschoolers crave. The curriculum is very hands on and nurtures his creative freedom to express himself through play and block building and storytelling. He also made great progress learning to read and write and can even do simple math and speak a bit of Spanish after only five months. We are very happy with Stevens and look forward to seeing him blossom there.
- Posted by Parent - Simon
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.