Stevens Cooperative School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 455 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,355
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 2
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- About the School
- Stevens Cooperative School is a private (independent) school for PreK 3s through 8th grade with campuses in Hoboken and Newport, Jersey City, NJ. Founded in 1949, Stevens is the oldest parent cooperative school in New Jersey. Originally an informal playgroup for children of the faculty at Stevens Institute of Technology, the school has grown into a full nursery, elementary and middle school, with more than 430 students. The school`s model for education fosters creativity and depth of thinking where the student voice can flourish. Stevens is accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. The Stevens community consists of a diverse population of families representing a broad range of towns including Hoboken, Jersey City, Weehawken, North Bergen, Secaucus, Union City, Bayonne, West New York, Cliffside Park and other NJ locations and Manhattan.
- For more information about Stevens, please visit www.stevenscoop.org.
- Mission Statement
- We imagine a world with well-informed, engaged citizens who are motivated to make a difference. In partnership with our diverse faculty, staff, families and the greater community, Stevens Cooperative School students explore, question and communicate in ways that will inspire and shape the future.
Endorse Stevens Cooperative School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards