5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (847) 588-0463
NewHope Academy is a privately owned facility designed to provide special education services in a therapeutic day school environment to students with average to above average intelligence.
NewHope works with students that have an Individual Educational Plan (IEP), generated by their home school district, stating that a therapeutic day school is necessary to meet the student's educational needs. NewHope also takes privately placed students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||cost is included in total tuition|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,000|
|Tuition Notes||NewHope Academy does accept private pay students|
|Admissions Director||Brandy Larrance|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Turek|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Basketball,|
Bowling, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, D&D Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CAAEL Sports, Weight Lifting Club
- Our students are very capable to perform above average in the classroom but often struggle to be consistently avilable to learn. This population includes students with learning disabilities, whose disability has been exacerbated by a severe emotional overlay. Primary disability classifications include: Emotional Disability, Autism, Learning disability and Other Health Impaired (OHI). The school accepts students in grades 6-12, ages 11 to 21. As the program focuses on a more narrowly defined population of emotionally disabled students, it therefore is able to provide an academic challenge beyond that generally available in existing therapeutic day schools. The program focuses its efforts on problem solving, social skills, and organizational skills that fosters independent thinking while helping students to overcome the social and emotional obstacles that have impeded their prior academic efforts. NewHope provides intensive psychoeducational support by employing a specifically chosen educational staff combined with the use of milieu therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- NewHope Academy offers transitional services for students ages 18-21 with a focus on independent living, academic skills, and planning for post-secondary success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palatine Grades: 2-12 | 84 students
909 E Wilmette Rd Ste F
Palatine, IL 60074
(847) 359-8300 2.9 2-12
- Des Plaines Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
588 Dara James Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 298-3399 7 PK-12
- La Grange Grades: 4-12 | 98 students
6425 Willow Springs Rd
La Grange, IL 60525
(708) 639-4222 25.5 4-12
- Palatine Grades: 4-12 | 75 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
(847) 359-8690 2.8 4-12
New Hope is a school that teaches kids with therapeutic needs. Staff and administration is respectful and take each student on an individual level. Our son has learned to cope with stress from trauma at his home school. He has successfully met the metrics in place for him set by the school and the district. I can say that our family appreciates New Hope and everything they have taught us all.
- Posted by Parent - Deanna
Outstanding school. Saved my grandson's future. Community middle school wanted to isolate him and keep away from multiple bullies instead of supportive measures. Staff are outstanding and meet his needs and encourage his growth. He has flourished and bloomed. So grateful for New Hope Academy!!!
- Posted by Parent - maryk
I believe that New Hope Academy saved my daughter's life. Her traditional junior high school left her feeling isolated, bullied and suicidal. New Hope has been a breath of fresh air and helped our daughter not just get by, but excel and find her confidence again. Their art class & life skills class really have impressed us and we love seeing her come out of her shell again. I thank God every single day that New Hope Academy exists with the most amazing staff in order to help kids just like our daughter! God Bless New Hope Academy!!
- Posted by Parent - jenfi
Our daughter has been attending New Hope since her second semester junior year and it has been a great experience. Before New Hope she couldn't get out of bed to get to her home school, she felt overwhelmed because of self image issues and her depression and anxiety where taking over her life. Today she is excelling in school because of the small class sizes and the respectful attitude the teachers show towards the students. New Hope supports the whole family through great communication and caring. I love the sense of calm when you walk in the door.
- Posted by Parent - jmale
New Hope Academy is a great school. The academic standards and expectations are just as rigorous as that of the public school and New Hope accommodates each student where he/she is in their own development. The staff is sensitive to the issues facing each student and works closely with students and parents to help them meet their goals. New Hope also addresses the student's social and emotional needs. This holistic approach is very effective and most appreciated. Thank you!
- Posted by Parent - marye
Our son started at New Hope Academy in 7th grade. When he first started at New Hope our son was filled with suicidal thoughts, paranoid, bullied, had no friends among many other issues. Getting him to attend school was a nightmare. Not only does our son look forward to school now but since attending New Hope Academy my son has learned how to function in the real world whether in social or private situation. He has found friendship and is being integrated back into the regular high school and plans to attend college. Without the staff at New Hope teaching ordinary life skills along with an excellent education none of this would be possible. The teachers, psychologists and administrators make an amazing team with phenomenal results.
- Posted by Parent - lmbow
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.