Nishi Hongwanji Child Development Center
- The Nishi Hongwanji Child Development Center provides day care services for preschool to kindergarten aged children from 2.9 to 6 years old.
- Nishi Center is a state licensed day care center which was established in 1983.
- The school was established for the Nikkei/Buddhist community in order to provide an early childhood education that would prepare the child academically and emotionally for entry into the elementary school system, cultivate a sense of appreciation of and familiarity with the Buddhist Teachings.
- The school has a total of 45 students. There are two preschool classes and one kindergarten class.
- Each class is led by a head teacher with an assistant teacher and four additional auxiliary assistant teachers.
- There is also an art teacher and a music teacher, both of whom meet with the children once a week.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 28 students
505 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
(213)680-2976 0.3 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12
1640 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)445-2516 0.6 6-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 50 students
2132 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(310)839-3739 0.6 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 35 students
P O Box 73534
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)304-1891 0.6 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 231 students
170 S Gless St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)881-0001 0.7 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.