Nishi Hongwanji Child Development Center
- The Nishi Hongwanji Child Development Center provides day care services for preschool to kindergarten aged children from 2.9 to 6 years old.
- Nishi Center is a state licensed day care center which was established in 1983.
- The school was established for the Nikkei/Buddhist community in order to provide an early childhood education that would prepare the child academically and emotionally for entry into the elementary school system, cultivate a sense of appreciation of and familiarity with the Buddhist Teachings.
- The school has a total of 45 students. There are two preschool classes and one kindergarten class.
- Each class is led by a head teacher with an assistant teacher and four additional auxiliary assistant teachers.
- There is also an art teacher and a music teacher, both of whom meet with the children once a week.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 28 students
505 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
(213)680-2976 0.3 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 50 students
2132 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(310)839-3739 0.6 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 35 students
P O Box 73534
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)304-1891 0.6 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 231 students
170 S Gless St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)881-0001 0.7 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 131 students
1605 New Jersey St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)268-7159 0.9 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.