Dolores Mission Elementary School
- Dolores Mission School is a Catholic parish grade school (K-8).
- Together with the family, we strive to educate the whole child academically, spiritually, physically, and morally, in a nurturing environment.
- Our students and their families are part of a larger faith community with a rich cultural identity.
- As an integral part of a Jesuit parish, our goal is to empower our children to become leaders in their community, “women and men for others".
- Dolores Mission School offers a variety of academic and extracurricular activities, including Writing-to-Read, computer-based learning, art classes, educational field trips, tutoring, summer programs and after school sports.
- The safe and nurturing environment of DMS prepares well-rounded children by blending high academic achievement with cultural, extracurricular and religious activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 126 students
1605 New Jersey St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)268-7159 0.4 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 42 students
815 E 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213)687-4585 0.7 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 209 students
2424 Whittier Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323)263-3716 0.9 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323)261-7124 1 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 28 students
505 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
(213)680-2976 1 PK-K
To prep for the preschool admissions test or not to prep. That is the question.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.