- Nonesuch school is a small, private non-profit located in the hills of Western Sonoma County.
- Since its inception in 1969 Nonesuch has provided a stimulating and caring environment for students and families seeking an education that encourages intellectual growth and creativity.
- With small, seminar-style classes, students are encouraged to think, to question, and to become involved in their own education.
- Through field trips and extracurricular activities, staff and students grow into a strong community.
- Nonesuch offers a University of California approved curriculum. The academic program is enriched with fine arts and outdoor adventure programs, including: drama, ceramics, photography, poetry, painting, back-packing, white water rafting, and other challenging electives.
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Novato Grades: 9-12 | 120 students
(Temp offices) 789 Eucalyptus Ave.
Novato, CA 94947
(707)364-3992 28.3 9-12
- Sebastopol Grades: K-12 | 18 students
9360 Occidental Rd
Sebastopol, CA 95472
(707)824-1414 2.5 K-12
- San Mateo Grades: 9-12 | 880 students
451 W 20th Ave
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8207 69.8 9-12
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-9 | 37 students
431 Humboldt St
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)528-0721 10.5 K-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.