Normandie Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Normandie Christian School provides a Christ-centered, challenging academic program. Instruction is based on the Biblical view of God and the world.
- NCS teaches and encourages each student to integrate Biblical truth effectively into his/her daily life and to impact the culture for Christ.
- Normandie Christian School celebrates that the world belongs to God.
- We respond to this by providing Christian perspective in all aspects of school life, interacting with church and home, encouraging each child to develop his/her God-given abilities through education.
- Normandie Christian School believes in a quest for excellence in all areas that define a well rounded Christian oriented education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 60 students
6801 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90047 0.6 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 296 students
924 W 70th St
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)751-2774 0.7 NS-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
944 W 56th St
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(323)752-0720 0.8 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
517 W 59th Pl
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)717-1747 1 PK-8
My sisters and I attended this school from Kindergarten to 6th grade in the late nineties. When we attended, Normandie was predominantly Black. Black history was taught so extensively that I was baffled when I entered LAUSD public schooling and learned that Black history was only acknowledged on maybe one or two pages in every history book. I recently graduated from UC Davis and accredit Normandie for helping me get there despite where I lived and entering public schooling afterwards. Elementary is such an important time (formative years for reading, writing and arithmetic) and Normandie took that fact seriously. I did everything at Normandie: cheer, drama, math olympics, speech meet, spelling bee. Normandie was great to my sisters and myself! The quality of education I received was superb. I intend on sending my kids there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jerri
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.