Normandie Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Normandie Christian School provides a Christ-centered, challenging academic program. Instruction is based on the Biblical view of God and the world.
- NCS teaches and encourages each student to integrate Biblical truth effectively into his/her daily life and to impact the culture for Christ.
- Normandie Christian School celebrates that the world belongs to God.
- We respond to this by providing Christian perspective in all aspects of school life, interacting with church and home, encouraging each child to develop his/her God-given abilities through education.
- Normandie Christian School believes in a quest for excellence in all areas that define a well rounded Christian oriented education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 60 students
6801 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90047 0.6 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: 5-12 | 17 students
6715 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)753-5211 0.6 5-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 32 students
7419 S Normandie Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)750-1079 0.7 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
924 W 70th St
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)751-2774 0.7 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
944 W 56th St
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(323)752-0720 0.8 PK-8
My sisters and I attended this school from Kindergarten to 6th grade in the late nineties. When we attended, Normandie was predominantly Black. Black history was taught so extensively that I was baffled when I entered LAUSD public schooling and learned that Black history was only acknowledged on maybe one or two pages in every history book. I recently graduated from UC Davis and accredit Normandie for helping me get there despite where I lived and entering public schooling afterwards. Elementary is such an important time (formative years for reading, writing and arithmetic) and Normandie took that fact seriously. I did everything at Normandie: cheer, drama, math olympics, speech meet, spelling bee. Normandie was great to my sisters and myself! The quality of education I received was superb. I intend on sending my kids there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jerri
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.