Notre Dame Academy
Tel: (201) 947-5262
- Notre Dame Academy is a faith-filled community that endeavors to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and strives to educate the hearts and minds of its students.
- In an atmosphere of peace, students learn the value of respect, acceptance, generosity, and cooperation.
- Our emphasis on academic excellence coupled with strong moral values enable students to become life-long learners who will be able to compete and succeed in today`s world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Forensics Club, Lego Club, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Robotics Club, Science Club, Writing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballroom Dancing, Band Program, Choir, School Play
- To better serve the community the parishes of St. Matthew`s in Ridgefield, St. Michael`s in Palisades Park and St. Nicholas` in Palisades Park it was decided to pool their resources. A new entity was created in 1991, Notre Dame Interparochial School. Originally Notre Dame had two campuses; these were the Primary Division located in Ridgefield and the Elementary Division located in Palisades Park. After a study conducted by the Archdiocese of Newark it was deemed no longer feasible to operate two campuses. Therefore, as of 2007-2008 school year Notre Dame now occupies one campus located in Palisades Park. This one site allows children to begin their education at Notre Dame as 3 year-olds and continue until graduation from eighth grade. There are numerous advantages to having students located on a single campus. Children of all ages are able to interact which promotes a strong feeling of community. Siblings are all located in one building. This gives parents peace of mind because their children are together in a safe and nurturing environment. The final advantage is that the staff has more opportunity to become aware of each child`s needs as he/she progresses through the grades. This allows a better implementation of the curriculum. On November 18, 2011 the Archdiocese of Newark granted Notre Dame, Academy status. The title of Academy brings to Notre Dame the recognition it deserves for being an outstanding school community which continues to achieve academic excellence. In 2014 Notre Dame Academy became a peaceable school, adopting a peace-centered curriculum that teaches students how to resolve conflicts, anger management skills, and peer mediation. Notre Dame Academy serves a multi-cultural Catholic and Non-Catholic population. Notre Dame embraces cultural diversity in an atmosphere of understanding and respect. People have been influenced to register their children at Notre Dame due to the positive reputation of the school within many world communities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- River Edge Grades: NS-8 | 183 students
431 5th Avenue
River Edge, NJ 07661
(201) 261-3468 6 NS-8
- Edgewater Grades: NS-PK | 31 students
40 Edgewater Place
Edgewater, NJ 07020
(201) 840-0100 1.9 NS-PK
- Elmwood Park Grades: PK-8 | 278 students
300 Market St
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
(201) 796-5156 7.3 PK-8
- Fair Lawn Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
1-30 Summit Ave
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
(201) 796-3353 8.1 PK-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.