The faculty and administration of Our Lady of Mercy Academy recognize that each student is unique.
We challenge our students to think creatively and critically, to realize their potential, and to work for social justice.
We affirm parents as partners by encouraging their support and participation in the education of their children.
We provide an atmosphere that fosters an awareness and understanding of community needs at a local and global level.
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 351 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
In conjunction with Bergen County Special Services we have two full time faculty members are dedicated to working with students who require additional support.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011, 2018
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please see our website for most up to date tuition information.
- Our Lady of Mercy Academy is a Catholic elementary school that provides a quality academic education while advancing the objective of seeking Jesus as a model for daily living. The faculty and administration of Our Lady of Mercy Academy recognize that each student is unique. We challenge our students to think creatively and critically, to realize their potential, and to work for social justice. We affirm parents as partners by encouraging their support and participation in the education of their children. We provide an atmosphere that fosters an awareness and understanding of community needs at a local and global level.Our spiritual goals are to love God and to seek Him, to love one another as Christ loves us, and to learn the precepts and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. Our academic goals are to implement a well balanced curriculum, stimulate curiosity, and address multiple learning styles to meet the needs of each individual.We advance these goals by encouraging achievement through high standards, strong motivation, and effective discipline. We teach, reinforce, and practice Christian attitudes and behaviors toward all people. We accomplish these goals through prayer, study, and action within a caring, loving Christian setting.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Our Lady Of Mercy Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Our Lady Of Mercy Academy?
The application deadline for Our Lady Of Mercy Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My kids are currently in 3rd and 6th grade, and have attended OLMA since Perk. OLMA is small enough that each student receives individual focus. The low student/teacher ratio allows teachers to really get to know the children and offer the individual attention they need. The school offers a strong academic curriculum which prepares the kids for high school, and there are many opportunities for families to be involved with their children in a positive environment. OLMA offers many extracurricular programs (Scouts, Girl Scouts, sports, music lessons, theatre program, etc), and as the school is located in Park Ridge, NJ, students are allowed to participate in the full range of sports programs through the local town. The school is on the NY/NJ border, so the school is a great choice for kids in both states (NY school districts also provide bussing to the school if needed). We are very happy to have chosen OLMA for our kids!
Our youngest child attends OLMA, and it is a wonderful environment. She transferred to OLMA at the beginning of 7th grade and everyone was so accepting of her. She fit right in right from the start. The teachers, the staff, the parents, and the children at OLMA are amazing. We could not be happier with our choice for our daughter.
Our two children attended OLMA after their school closed- we thought that we would never find a new school family again but OLMA proved to be the best for not only for the great curriculum but it also provided a strong loving community. The teachers are dedicated and concerned about each student's growth. The learning environment is positive and forward thinking. The school offers an excellent music and theater program, as well as many sports and extracurricular activities. OLMA was a great experience for our entire family.
We transferred to OLMA 4 years ago when our children were in 3rd grade, 1st grade and Kindergarten. The low teacher to student ratio creates a nurturing learning environment for all and the special needs resources provide additional supports where needed. Outside of the academics, we love how the school community as a whole is so connected and welcoming. From elementary school through middle school there are so many opportunities for children and families to grow together, including drama club, scouts (boys & girls), sports, instrument lessons, after-school enrichment programs, trunk or treat and more. We couldn't be more happy with our decision to join this school community!
Endorse Our Lady Of Mercy Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.