Academy Of Greatness And Excellence
Academy Of Greatness And Excellence Photo #3 - Stemming from our strong belief in STEM education, and in order to get our students ready for the 21st century workforce, AGE is utilizing a portable computer lab where each student can enjoy having knowledge at the their fingertips. Please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/agetoday
Academy Of Greatness And Excellence Photo #4 - At AGE Islamic School, students are required to come up with projects that they think will help the environment. Open-ended problems are presented to them. AGE always shares students' activities on www.facebook.com/AGEtoday
Academy Of Greatness And Excellence Photo #6 - One of the pillars of the AGE National Elementary Honor Society is Service, and that is what the NEHS students provides at the Woodcrest Healthcare Center. They visit the elderly of our community, and spend quality time with them as they add smiles to their faces.
Academy Of Greatness And Excellence Photo #7 - Even during Recess time, AGE students are immersed in STEM activities: Designing Truss Bridges, Identifying Geometric Shapes, Testing the Pressure of Gas, and Experimenting with Energy and Electrons are just a few of the concepts the students are exposed to during their In-door recess time every day at AGE
- Academy of Greatness & Excellence (AGE) is an Accredited and STEM Certified Islamic School.
- Currently, AGE has expanded to include two campuses: AGE - Teaneck accomodating students in grades Pre-School through 2nd Grade, and AGE - Ridgefield Park accomodating students in grades 3 through 9. Two Campuses...One Proud AGE.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||454 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,250|
|Tuition Notes||visit www.agenj.com for admission information|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, SoccerBasketball, Fencing,|
Gymnastics, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Journalism Club, Math Olympiad, Model United Nations, National Elementary Honor Society, Radio Station, Science Olympiad Team, STEAM Club, Student Council, Students in Action
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cooking Club, Performing Arts Clu
- STEAM Education is at the heart of our academic program. Our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) program ensures full student engagement and collaboration. At AGE, we have adopted STEAM as a framework for teaching across the disciplines. On February 7th, 2016, Academy of Greatness and Excellence has received the recognition of becoming a STEM certified school . This distinction has been given to 23 schools world-wide and we are honored to become the 24th school in the entire world to become STEM certified. Such distinction and recognition attests to the high standards of STEM education at Academy of Greatness and Excellence.
- AGE High School- With the goal of creating 21st century learning environments that engage students, foster achievement, and cultivate the skills needed to connect and collaborate in a global society, Upper School Instructors at Academy of Greatness & Excellence (AGE), ensure that students are immersed in rigorous coursework and a range of extracurricular activities, including internship opportunities that broaden their horizons and offer rich academic and experiential learning experiences. Our High School is an innovative and dynamic place where young adults are challenged to participate in leadership-building activities across the school and in their communities to prepare them to be active global citizens of the 21st century.
- At AGE, we believe that technology-equipped classrooms are essential for producing 21st Century learners and leaders. Besides providing students with access to a plethora of resources, technology also enables teachers to differentiate instruction and meet the needs of each child`s learning style, whether they are visual, auditory or kinesthetic learners. Accordingly, AGE provides its students with one-to-one technology devices. Students in grades 2 through 9 use Chromebooks in school. Students in grades 6 through 9 are provided with Chroembooks for individualized usage at school and at home.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: PK-11 | 128 students
613 Sunset Rd
Burlington, NJ 08016
(609)531-2206 71.2 PK-11
- East Orange Grades: NS-12 | 277 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)672-4124 11.4 NS-12
- Haledon Grades: 1-6 | 215 students
278 N 8th St
Haledon, NJ 07508
(973)790-4700 9.5 1-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.