Bergen County Christian Academy
- Bergen County Christian Academy makes available a program which provides for the total education of the child - spiritual, moral, mental, social, and physical.
- Only by a Christian philosophy may this be achieved. Thus, Bible training is not an extra but is an integral part of every area of training.
- The secular and the sacred are fused together to form a comprehensive system of education. Small classes and individualized instruction by concerned Christian teachers is the rule rather than the exception.
- The purpose of Christian education is to provide an environment to direct the processes of human development toward God's objectives of godliness of character and conduct.
- The Christian school carries out those educational tasks that the family can not fulfill as efficiently or lacks the skills or resources to do as well as the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform pants/skirts with school polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Please call the school office for information at 201-487-7212.|
|Admissions Director||Viti Santana|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama, Handbells, JV Boys Basketball, JV Girls Basketball, JV Soccer, JV Volleyball, Varsity Boys Basketball, Varsity Boys Volleyball, Varsity Girls Basketball, Varsity Girls Volleyball, Varsity Soccer, Visual Arts, Worship Team Choir, Drama, Handbells, JV Soccer, JV Volleyball, Varsity Soccer, Visual Arts, Worship Team, JV Boys Basketball,|
JV Girls Basketball,
Varsity Boys Basketball,
Varsity Boys Volleyball,
Varsity Girls Basketball,
Varsity Girls Volleyball,
- The Preschool Center is a planned environment for young children three to five years of age. Located on the first floor of Hackensack Christian Schools, you will find classrooms designed to invite children to learn. Children may choose from a variety of developmentally appropriate activities in learning centers. Independence is encouraged and fostered by providing materials where the children can easily reach them on low shelves. Our well equipped facility offers the young child extensive learning opportunities both indoors and outdoors.
- Elementary School
- Our K through 6th grade program infuses academic principles with Biblical promises and truths. Academic classes include Bible, Arithmetic, English, Phonics/Language Arts, Spelling, Penmanship, Social Studies, Reading, and Science. Special areas of instruction include Physical Education, Art, Music and Library.
- Middle School
- Our 7th and 8th grade program continues on the foundations formed in the Elementary program. Academic courses include Bible, English, History, Science, and Mathematics. Additional courses include Music, Spanish, Computers, Fine Arts, Health and Physical Education.
- High School
- Our 9th through 12th grade program continues on the foundations formed in the Middle School program. Academic courses include Bible, English, History, Science, Mathematics and Speech. Additional courses include Music, Spanish, Computers, Fine Arts, Health and Physical Education. Hackensack Christian School students are academically prepared to enter trade school, college or university level study. Many graduates have gone beyond graduate level and earned Masters and Doctorate degrees. Better than 90% of HCS graduates pursue post graduate studies.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ParamusGrades: 9-12 | 1520 students
425 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652
- HawthorneGrades: PK-12 | 483 students
2000 Route 208
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
- ParamusGrades: PK-8
222 Farview Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
- DemarestGrades: 9-12 | 557 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
- PatersonGrades: 9-12 | 303 students
764 11th Ave
Paterson, NJ 07514
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.