Bergen County Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Bergen County Christian Academy makes available a program which provides for the total education of the child - spiritual, moral, mental, social, and physical.
- Only by a Christian philosophy may this be achieved.
- Thus, Bible training is not an extra but is an integral part of every area of training.
- The secular and the sacred are fused together to form a comprehensive system of education. Small classes and individualized instruction by concerned Christian teachers is the rule rather than the exception.
- The purpose of Christian education is to provide an environment to direct the processes of human development toward God's objectives of godliness of character and conduct.
- The Christian school carries out those educational tasks that the family can not fulfill as efficiently or lacks the skills or resources to do as well as the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform pants/skirts with school polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Please call the school office for information at 201-487-7212.|
|Admissions Director||Stormy Bell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Drama, Handbells, Visual Arts, Worship Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
JV Boys Basketball, JV Girls Basketball, JV Soccer, JV Volleyball, Varsity Boys Basketball, Varsity Boys Volleyball, Varsity Girls Basketball, Varsity Girls Volleyball, Varsity Socce
- The Preschool Center is a planned environment for young children three to five years of age. Located on the first floor of Hackensack Christian Schools, you will find classrooms designed to invite children to learn. Children may choose from a variety of developmentally appropriate activities in learning centers. Independence is encouraged and fostered by providing materials where the children can easily reach them on low shelves. Our well equipped facility offers the young child extensive learning opportunities both indoors and outdoors.
- Elementary School
- Our K through 6th grade program infuses academic principles with Biblical promises and truths. Academic classes include Bible, Arithmetic, English, Phonics/Language Arts, Spelling, Penmanship, Social Studies, Reading, and Science. Special areas of instruction include Physical Education, Art, Music and Library.
- Middle School
- Our 6th through 8th grade program continues on the foundations formed in the Elementary program. Academic courses include Bible, English, History, Science, and Mathematics. Additional courses include Music, Spanish, Computers, Fine Arts, Health and Physical Education.
- High School
- Our 9th through 12th grade program continues on the foundations formed in the Middle School program. Academic courses include Bible, English, History, Science, Mathematics and Speech. Additional courses include Music, Spanish, Computers, Fine Arts, Health and Physical Education. Hackensack Christian School students are academically prepared to enter trade school, college or university level study. Many graduates have gone beyond graduate level and earned Masters and Doctorate degrees. Better than 90% of HCS graduates pursue post graduate studies.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paramus Grades: 9-12 | 1520 students
425 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201)445-4466 5.1 9-12
- Demarest Grades: 9-12 | 594 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
(201)768-7822 6.1 9-12
- Paterson Grades: 9-12 | 303 students
764 11th Ave
Paterson, NJ 07514
(973)278-1024 5.2 9-12
My daughter has been attending Bergen County Christian Academy since Kindergarten and she is now in 5th grade. Their biblical world view is very strong and one of the main reasons that my daughter attends BCCA. The faculty are highly qualified and dedicated to their profession. Class size ratio is small and offers students a lot of one on one time with their faculty. This is a small community but with a BIG heart and Jesus is first and foremost.
- Posted by Parent - Annette Feliciano
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.