Notre Dame Academy
Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic, all-girls, college-preparatory high school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame of Covington, Kentucky.
NDA is the only all-girl school in NKY. The advantages young women receive in a single-gender environment have been confirmed by both research and experience. NDA students are empowered to transcend traditional stereotypical roles.
- Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic high school dedicated to Mary, exists to educate young women to make a difference in our world.
- Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic secondary school for young women established by the Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- In the spirit of St. Julie Billiart, the school emphasizes the dignity of the individual person created in the image of God.
- Students and staff pursue learning in an environment that promotes mutual respect and responsibility.
- As an educational institution, Notre Dame Academy offers a curriculum that is primarily college preparatory.
- While maintaining that its focus is the cultivation of the intellect, the school ascribes to the philosophy of St. Julie that its students should receive an education that "equips them for life." Consequently, the school encourages the harmonious development of the whole person: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, cultural, and social.
- Each student is urged to strive for excellence and the full development of her God-given talents.
- Convinced that learning must be for life, the school provides many opportunities for academic, social, and spiritual involvement outside the formal curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||596 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IndependenceGrades: PK-12 | 287 students
11875 Taylor Mill Road
Independence, KY 41051
- CovingtonGrades: 7-12 | 190 students
21 East 11th Street
Covington, KY 41011
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.