Notre Dame School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (630) 323-1642
- Notre Dame School is committed to a Christian education environment in which each student can achieve academic excellence in an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Guided by the values and teaching of the Catholic Church, the administration, faculty, parents, parish community and students work to encourage and assist each other's growth and wisdom.
- Test Scores Exhibit Academic Excellence Notre Dame students in second through seventh grades take the Iowa Test of Basic Skills each year and consistently score above the 80th percentile.
- Areas of testing include reading, math, science, and social studies.
- The education and development of children into mature Catholic-Christians is the fundamental reason for the existence of Notre Dame School.
- The school, as an extension of the Church, shares its education mission to enrich the faith community, foster discipleship and proclaim the Gospel message through liturgical activities, daily worship, and opportunities for service to school and community.
- This philosophy is reflected in recognizing the potential and individuality of each child.
- We emphasize the development of academic achievement, cooperation, multi-cultural awareness and respect, and the development of responsible leadership and service.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children and parental involvement enhances all aspects of our education program.
- The education of the total, Catholic-Christian person emanates from the modeling of the home, the school, the church and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarendon Hills Grades: PK-6 | 219 students
5728 Virginia Avenue
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
(630) 655-1066 1.3 PK-6
- Westmont Grades: PK-8 | 183 students
108 S Linden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 971-0184 1.4 PK-8
We bought a house in the Blackhawk Heights section of Clarendon Hills a couple years ago knowing that Notre Dame School was top notch and Notre Dame has NOT disappointed!!! The kids all love each other and my daughters confidence has grown tremendously. The Principal knows how to hire and manage great energetic teachers! The facilities are like new. The parents have been so helpful and friendly to us. My son is going to attend the 3year old Preschool program in the Fall. They limit the class size so get your kids enrolled while you can.
- Posted by Parent - culle
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.