Oak Meadow School
Tel: (802) 251-7250
Oak Meadow School Photo #5 - Oak Meadow students have used the flexibility of our schooling model to pursue their passions.
Oak Meadow School Photo #6 - Oak Meadow educational counselors greet students at our Annual Open House.
Oak Meadow`s accredited distance learning school is a unique model that combines the best of both worlds: an affordable independent school education and the freedom of homeschooling.
When you enroll with Oak Meadow, you join a vibrant community of interesting, motivated, and dedicated teachers and learners.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||549 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,800|
|Tuition Notes||per full year high school course|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Richardson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Equally Mowed: An Oak Meadow Social Justice Community
- Oak Meadow provides a flexible, progressive education for independent learners. A leader in experiential, interdisciplinary homeschooling and distance learning for over 40 years, Oak Meadow offers a fully accredited, engaging high school program built on rigorous academic standards.
- Enrolled students work one-to-one with our teachers using our print based curriculum over a 10-month period. Students submit work on a regular basis. Teachers provide consistent feedback, instruction, and support via phone, email, and the Google platform.
- ENGLISH: Composition: The Art of Expression; The Hero`s Journey: Literature & Composition; American Literature; World Literature; British Literature: Heroes, Monsters, Faeries, and Kings; Women`s Literature: Worlds of Fantasy & Science Fiction; American Literature: Natives, Naturalists, Immigrants & Settlers; Word: The Poet`s Voice; Speak Your Truth: Poetry Part II
- MATH: Algebra I; Geometry; Math Connections; Algebra II; Advanced Mathematics; Calculus I; Calculus II
- SCIENCE: Environmental Science for a Changing World; Biology: The Study of Life; Anatomy and Physiology; Chemistry with Lab; Physics
- SOCIAL STUDIES: U.S. History; World History; US Government; The Modern Middle East; Media Literacy; Social Justice; Psychology; Common Ground: Religion, Community & Problem Solving; A Sense of Place: The Geography of Global Change; Social Justice: Navigating Cultural Competence in the 21st Century
- WORLD LANGUAGES: Spanish I-IV; French IIV; Latin IIV
- HEALTH: Integrated Health and Fitness PHYSICAL EDUCATION: Physical Education Electives
- FINE ARTS: Integrated Drawing; Drawing and Design; Painting; Introduction to Photography
- ELECTIVES: Life Experience Credit; Advanced Study Projec
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Oak Meadow School is The Putney School (2.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is The Grammar School (1.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Putney Grades: PK-8 | 62 students
69 Hickory Ridge Road South
Putney, VT 05346
(802) 387-5364 1.9 PK-8
- Putney Grades: 6-12
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
(802) 387-4545 6.4 6-12
- Newfane Grades: 4-12 | 41 students
708 Vt Route 30
Newfane, VT 05345
(802) 365-7909 6.4 4-12
- Westmoreland Grades: 1-8 | 9 students
13 Mount Gilboa Rd
Westmoreland, NH 03467
(603) 399-4803 6.6 1-8
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.