Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arts and Crafts, Science and Nature
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, basketball, Horseback riding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis
- Oakland School is a small co-educational *boarding and day school for children in grades 2-8, ages 7-13 (9-13 for boarding). We offer an individualized program, ungraded curriculum, and daily one-to-one instruction. Oakland's program is beneficial to students that need to build skills in reading, written language, science, history, and math. The program is well suited for children needing support in study skills, organizational skills, and academic confidence. The small class size (5:1 average student to teacher ratio) is beneficial for students struggling with attention issues or those that get lost in a traditional class setting. Our mission is three-fold: to enable students to successfully return to mainstream education at their appropriate grade level; to provide students with the tools to learn; and to instill in students the confidence required to reach their academic and personal potential. Students participate in a variety of activities that include sports happenings, off campus events, and community projects. Weekly clubs are a great way to foster peer relations, explore interests, and learn a variety of skills. We have a wonderful horseback riding program, which is included for any interested students. Our beautiful 450 acres, surrounding the campus, provides endless opportunities for outdoor activities. For more information on the school and our program please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (434) 293-9059.
- *We have paused our boarding program until Summer 2022.
Endorse Oakland School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards