Ocean Tides School
- Ocean Tides is a residential / educational program founded in 1975 to meet the needs of young men who have been deemed by a state agency to be in need of residential placement and supervision.
- The entire Ocean Tides Program is designed with the focus of attention on boys and their families which the program serves.
- From its inception, Ocean Tides has been dedicated to providing a coordinated treatment program for each young man.
- The entire program has as a basic premise that the life of each young man must be integrated in all its aspects.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Exeter Grades: 7-10 | 17 students
1 Camp E Huntee Place
Exeter, RI 02822
(401)539-7775 18.6 7-10
- Warren Grades: 8-12 | 58 students
317 Market St
Warren, RI 02885
(401)245-7978 25.4 8-12
- Chepachet Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
63 Harmony Hill Rd
Chepachet, RI 02814
(401)949-0690 36.5 6-12
- Providence Grades: 2-12 | 72 students
100 Houghton St
Providence, RI 02904
(401)861-2080 31.6 2-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.