High Road School Of Providence
Vocational Resources High school provides academics, occupational skills training and life skills for students with special needs and other barriers to success in a traditional high school environment.
They day is split between paid work and academics. Students served include those who have learning disabilities, behavioral issues, cognative impairments, brain injuries or other impairments such as hearing deficiencies.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Enrollment: 36 students
- Average class size: 4 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Rolling enrollement - pro-rated tuition
- Small, highly structured alternative to a more restricted enviroment
- 1:4 staff to student ratio
- Paid work experiences in the community
- Transition services to career, post-secondary or other adult services
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for High Road School Of Providence?
The application deadline for High Road School Of Providence is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse High Road School Of Providence. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.