- Odyssey School is an independent, co-ed, middle school for gifted and talented students.
- Its unique and innovative curriculum, including on-site and off-site learning, takes our students up mountains, out on the ocean, and culminates in an 8th grade, 3-week trip to Japan.
- Odyssey develops scholars and artists from the most promising young students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
California Association for the Gifted
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,000|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Fencing, SwimmingDance, Fencing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ashland OR Shakespeare Festival, Community Service, Outdoor Education, Student Council Ashland OR Shakespeare Festival,
- Specialists in middle school gifted education
- Emphasis on the development of emotional intelligence through the Self-Science curriculum
- Challenging and academically rigorous curriculum created specifically for the unique learning needs of gifted and talented students
- Non-traditional physical education program including tai chi, yoga, karate, dance, aerobics, stage compat, fencing, swimming and hiking.
- Integrated creative arts program as part of the core curriculum
- Annual expeditions to Mt. Whitney, Lassen, Shasta or Diablo, alternating with the Channel Islands; Ashland Shakespeare Festival bi-annually, and Japan (8th graders only)
- Student self-discipline, self-knowledge and responsibility is a major focus of the educational approach at Odyssey
- Japanese foreign language education
- Effects smooth transitions between entrance to middle school and 6th grade and exit to high school from middle school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SunnyvaleGrades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
San JoseGrades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
Menlo ParkGrades: 9-12 | 127 students
1340 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Portola ValleyGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
PacificaGrades: K-12 | 322 students
1030 Linda Mar Boulevard and 1295 Seville Drive
Pacifica, CA 94044
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.