5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (650) 548-1500
Odyssey School Photo #2 - Odyssey students discover the long and painful history of Ireland including a drama that integrates art, humanities and history.
Odyssey School Photo #3 - An Odyssian's middle school journey culminates in a trip to Asia during the spring of 8th grade.
Odyssey School is an independent, co-ed, middle school for gifted and talented students.
Its unique and innovative curriculum, including on-site and off-site learning, takes our students up mountains, out on the ocean, and culminates in an 8th grade, 3-week trip to Japan.
Odyssey develops scholars and artists from the most promising young students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)|
California Association for the Gifted
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,000|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Fencing, SwimmingDance, Fencing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ashland OR Shakespeare Festival, Community Service, Outdoor Education, Student Council|
- Specialists in middle school gifted education
- Emphasis on the development of emotional intelligence through the Self-Science curriculum
- Challenging and academically rigorous curriculum created specifically for the unique learning needs of gifted and talented students
- Non-traditional physical education program including tai chi, yoga, karate, dance, aerobics, stage compat, fencing, swimming and hiking.
- Integrated creative arts program as part of the core curriculum
- Annual expeditions to Mt. Whitney, Lassen, Shasta or Diablo, alternating with the Channel Islands; Ashland Shakespeare Festival bi-annually, and Japan (8th graders only)
- Student self-discipline, self-knowledge and responsibility is a major focus of the educational approach at Odyssey
- Japanese foreign language education
- Effects smooth transitions between entrance to middle school and 6th grade and exit to high school from middle school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunnyvale Grades: 6-12 | 938 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 481-9900 20.8 6-12
- San Mateo Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
16 Baldwin Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 274-0728 2.7 PK-8
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 576 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 342-4175 2 6-12
- Pacifica Grades: 5-12 | 322 students
1030 Linda Mar Boulevard
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650) 355-1935 9 5-12
I really love Odyssey. The teachers are all very supportive and make sure that you get the most out of your middle school years. They go on many expeditions that help build all sorts of skills, while building us up physically. This school is also smaller and has more hands on than average. Compared to other school Odyssey is more supportive and student based!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Cecilia
Odyssey is the best kept secret in the Bay Area. The head of school is an expert in middle school learning and development. The teachers are dedicated, and the learning accelerated and interesting. At first, the school’s size is certainly different and is perhaps its greatest asset for middle schoolers to learn and grow within a tight-knit supportive community. My son who is advanced academically and driven to learn and take on new challenges couldn't be happier and he is grateful to be an Odyssean!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.