Odyssey School Photo #2 - An Odyssian's middle school journey culminates in a trip to Asia during the spring of 8th grade.
Odyssey School Photo #3 - Odyssey students use their new campus grounds to explore Outdoor Education.
- Odyssey School is an independent, co-ed, middle school for gifted and talented students.
- Its unique and innovative curriculum, including on-site and off-site learning, takes our students up mountains, out on the ocean, and culminates in an 8th grade, 3-week trip to Japan.
- Odyssey develops scholars and artists from the most promising young students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)|
California Association for the Gifted
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,000|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Fencing, SwimmingDance, Fencing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ashland OR Shakespeare Festival, Community Service, Outdoor Education, Student Council|
- Specialists in middle school gifted education
- Emphasis on the development of emotional intelligence through the Self-Science curriculum
- Challenging and academically rigorous curriculum created specifically for the unique learning needs of gifted and talented students
- Non-traditional physical education program including tai chi, yoga, karate, dance, aerobics, stage compat, fencing, swimming and hiking.
- Integrated creative arts program as part of the core curriculum
- Annual expeditions to Mt. Whitney, Lassen, Shasta or Diablo, alternating with the Channel Islands; Ashland Shakespeare Festival bi-annually, and Japan (8th graders only)
- Student self-discipline, self-knowledge and responsibility is a major focus of the educational approach at Odyssey
- Japanese foreign language education
- Effects smooth transitions between entrance to middle school and 6th grade and exit to high school from middle school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunnyvale Grades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408)481-9900 20.8 6-12
- Pacifica Grades: K-12 | 322 students
1030 Linda Mar Boulevard
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650)355-1935 9 K-12
- Pebble Beach Grades: 9-12 | 559 students
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
(831)625-8300 69 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 12.9 6-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.