Old Adobe School
Tel: (707) 938-4510
Old Adobe School Photo #2 - Old Adobe School is located on the property of the First Congregational Church. Although not affiliated with the church, we get enjoy the beautiful outdoor environment.
- Our Philosophy: Old Adobe School was founded over thirty years ago and has been dedicated to providing high quality early childhood education to a diverse population ever since.
- OAS draws from a variety of early childhood philosophies and current educational research.
- We offer a flexible mostly play based curriculum instead of adhering to a strict proscribed approach.
- This allows us to address the particular needs and development of each individual child.
- Our Preschool and Prekindergarten programs, though seemingly informal, are skillfully organized so that the children`s activities promote their total physical, cognitive, and social growth.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Children should be ready for messy play)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$950|
|Tuition Notes||Full time rate: $950 per month Part time rate: $7.75 per hour|
|Admissions Director||Michaela Murray|
- Our Curriculum:At Old Adobe School we do our best to keep low teacher to child ratios. With ratios of 1:5 in the Preschool room and 1:7 in the Prekindergarten room, our teachers can focus all of their attention on creating a meaningful curriculum and environment. Imbedded in the curriculum are the standards that the state of California requires for kindergarten readiness. Our monthly curriculum includes math, science, and art in a playful and encouraging manor. Language development is also an essential part of the program, and English language learners thrive at OAS.You will often find the children of OAS exploring their outside environment as well. We are located in the middle of a large meadow so the children often take nature walks to discover what is right outside their door. Recent activities have included; mapping where lizards are spotted, collage art made from items collected outside, and measuring the rain in buckets. In the spring and summer the kids also participate in the planting and maintaining of our veggie garden!
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.