Crescent Montessori School
- Crescent Montessori School celebrates its 19th anniversary this year. Formerly Vintage Country Day School founded by a group of parents in 1983, the school changed hands in the Fall 1994 when Karin Niehoff, Head Teacher, became owner and director.
- The school continues the tradition of offering a quality Montessori program for children ages 2 through 5 in the Primary class and ages 6-12 in the Elementary class.
- Our connection to the community is lasting and strong thanks to the many families with children who have shared their school years in our lovely classrooms in the Sonoma Community Center.
- Our staff is dedicated to providing the best possible environment for each child to flourish and grow during the important formative years and continuing with us through Elementary and beyond with our new Middle School class beginning September 2013.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Geometry, Chemistry, Biology, Algebra, Language Arts|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karin Niehoff|
- ABOUT OUR SCHOOL The new school year, 2013-2014 marks the 19th year for Crescent Montessori School. Formerly Vintage Country Day School founded by a group of parents in 1983, the school changed hands in the fall 1994 when Karin Niehoff, Head Teacher, became owner and director. The school continues the tradition of offering a quality Montessori program for children ages 2 - 5 in the Primary class and ages 5-11 in the Elementary class. As we continue to grow a grade level is added each year. Our connection to the community is lasting and strong thanks to the many families whose children have started their school years in our lovely classroom at the Sonoma Community Center. Our Staff is dedicated to providing the best possible environment for each child to flourish and grow during the important formative years and continuing with us through Elementary and beyond with our new Middle School class beginning September 2013.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sonoma Grades: NS-PK | 59 students
19675 8th St E
Sonoma, CA 95476
(707)996-2422 0.9 NS-PK
- Sonoma Grades: K-8 | 193 students
342 W Napa St
Sonoma, CA 95476
(707)996-4994 0.6 K-8
- Napa Grades: PK-6 | 112 students
1226 Salvador Ave
Napa, CA 94558
(707)253-1105 7.7 PK-6
- Saint Helena Grades: NS-9 | 215 students
880 College Avenue
Saint Helena, CA 94574
(707)963-1527 15 NS-9
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)303-7127 17.5 K-2
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.